Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

a couple of issues i have with the new survival world

should we change the survival map to a better map seed ? or should we keep it as it is ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Railgun69

this two issues really make me really mad
first one, the world is comprised 99.9% of ocean and snow biomes
snow and ocean biomes are the absolute worst places to make a base, no one likes them and players only build on them because they have no other choice

and the second problem is that there's no random teleport command/spawn sign
rtp commands make for easy teleportation to random places around the map, improving the chances that you'll find a place that you like and where you'd like to build a base

if these changes where to be made, it would make a whole lot of players (including myself) happy

in a nutshell, the people responsible for map resets and changes need to pay more attention to the map seed that the world generates and decide if it's a good idea to keep the map or if they should change it

and adding the rtp command to allow for easier travel around the map

as a final note, i'd like to make a poll asking people if they want the map to change to a better one, without taking into consideration any building, entities or item refunds that could or not take place from the deletion of the current map and the change to a new one

so what do you guys think ?

Whitei520

Ex-System Administrator
Veteran
Allot of configuration goes into a server after a reset, for example, The owner or admins will have to define 'WorldGuard' regions and configure them, This is a long progress. Also the warps and other server attraction have to be redone, and allot more so please take all this into account and think again if this is really what you want. Or would you prefer staff to work on new projects, fixing bugs and making the server a better place as a whole.

I have to agree with you that a /wild est command would be extremely useful and would re-invigorate the server to newer players.

OP
OP
R

Railgun69

Allot of configuration goes into a server after a reset, for example, The owner or admins will have to define 'WorldGuard' regions and configure them, This is a long progress. Also the warps and other server attraction have to be redone, and allot more so please take all this into account and think again if this is really what you want. Or would you prefer staff to work on new projects, fixing bugs and making the server a better place as a whole.

I have to agree with you that a /wild est command would be extremely useful and would re-invigorate the server to newer players.

never thought it that way, sorry for being so close minded
it's just frustrating to go on for thousands of blocks and only seeing big snow and ocean biomes with a few islands in between
still, my idea for a random teleport command is still on my mind, i don't know when it could be implemented but it would be nice to have, it would take away a lot of the headaches of having to travel to find a good biome
once again, i apologize for the reset idea, i didn't know that so much work had to be put in in order to do it

Whitei520

Ex-System Administrator
Veteran
Buddy no need to apologize, You did not know so nobody is blaming you. xD

But I do agree with having a /wild command est.

VeggiDay

Veteran

I agree to the /wild command too. It makes the survival system more fluently and faster.

VeggiDay

Veteran
never thought it that way, sorry for being so close minded
it's just frustrating to go on for thousands of blocks and only seeing big snow and ocean biomes with a few islands in between
still, my idea for a random teleport command is still on my mind, i don't know when it could be implemented but it would be nice to have, it would take away a lot of the headaches of having to travel to find a good biome
once again, i apologize for the reset idea, i didn't know that so much work had to be put in in order to do it

Sweet =3
I kinda agree to it but think that most of the player would not agree to it :(

Slendyy

Veteran
Well, this new world generator is up to our owner, some people don't like it (so do i).
About the /wild command makes no sense, if it's survival you need to survive and walk, it's not funny cause you can get to any place you want by just using /wild.
The funny of survival is walk and find a way to survive without any help of those commands, i understand it would be easier for you guys but it removes the fun of survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.