Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: Adding support from 1.8-1.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon_420

Banned
Suggestion:
Adding support from 1.8-1.12.

Detailed description:
I've seen many people Suggest this before, and I noticed a lot of people disagree adding 1.12 support due to changes in PvP. Well i totally agree but as a Server make I understand many ways to make the server compatible with many version even if the server is 1.8. The staff / developers should upgrade to Waterfall instead of Bungeecord that's just a Fork of Bungeecord with compatibility fixes. Here's some stuff that Waterfall does and explains why you should use that.

Waterfall is a fork of the well-known BungeeCord server teleportation suite.

Stability: Waterfall aims to be stable. We will achieve this through making the code base testable and discouraging practices that lead to proxy lag.
Features: Waterfall aims to include more features than canonical BungeeCord.
Scalability: Waterfall should be able to handle a large number of concurrent players, given a reasonably modern CPU, memory, and good network connection.

That will fix numerous issues that Bungeecord has, and will improve Performance Slightly.

Now your asking your self ... Why go to 1.12 when the PvP gonna suck and most maps will break... Well guys making the server compatible with 1.12 doesn't mean that the server will completely become 1.12 instead we can use a Plugin called 'ViaVersion' which will modify how client and the server works to make the server let's say Spigot-1.8.8 act with never clients.

ViaVersion stated "Our aim is to allow newer client versions to connect to older server versions. See below for the modes we support."
And this requires the newest version of Waterfall/Bungeecord to work, but i suggest Waterfall.

This image is shown by the author of ViaVersion "http://i.imgur.com/8Q352yC.png" It shows enough evidence that if the server is 1.8 players can connect with 1.12 without any conflicts. And later says 'If you use a 1.8 server you will allow 1.12 / 1.11 / 1.10 and 1.9 clients'

Here are some Frequently asked Question and Answers by the Author of the plugin.

I can't use an item, block, feature from a newer version?! We aim to allow compatibility, we don't intend to add new items, blocks. (As it'd be unfair to older clients)
Will you update to version 1.x? We plan to update as new Minecraft updates come out, yes.

Using this plugin, 1.9-1.12 users will be able to block with a shield in their Vision but 1.8 users will use normal vision.

Therefore there shouldn't be any incompatibilities between versions and I'd be able to use 1.12 to play on here like i always wanted.

Thanks for reading, Hopefully you can guys support me and make the server 1.7-1.12..
This change is not meant to happen to servers like Practice which is 1.7.10 currently this change should happen to all servers that currently are 1.8-1.10 this will just make it now 1.8-1.12.

Have a nice day, Moon_420

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
Other

Reason:
Everything is stated above, Please read that instead. Have a nice day.

Example:

Zyrax_

Banned
Suggestion:
Adding support from 1.8-1.12.

Detailed description:
I've seen many people Suggest this before, and I noticed a lot of people disagree adding 1.12 support due to changes in PvP. Well i totally agree but as a Server make I understand many ways to make the server compatible with many version even if the server is 1.8. The staff / developers should upgrade to Waterfall instead of Bungeecord that's just a Fork of Bungeecord with compatibility fixes. Here's some stuff that Waterfall does and explains why you should use that.

Waterfall is a fork of the well-known BungeeCord server teleportation suite.

Stability: Waterfall aims to be stable. We will achieve this through making the code base testable and discouraging practices that lead to proxy lag.
Features: Waterfall aims to include more features than canonical BungeeCord.
Scalability: Waterfall should be able to handle a large number of concurrent players, given a reasonably modern CPU, memory, and good network connection.

That will fix numerous issues that Bungeecord has, and will improve Performance Slightly.

Now your asking your self ... Why go to 1.12 when the PvP gonna suck and most maps will break... Well guys making the server compatible with 1.12 doesn't mean that the server will completely become 1.12 instead we can use a Plugin called 'ViaVersion' which will modify how client and the server works to make the server let's say Spigot-1.8.8 act with never clients.

ViaVersion stated "Our aim is to allow newer client versions to connect to older server versions. See below for the modes we support."
And this requires the newest version of Waterfall/Bungeecord to work, but i suggest Waterfall.

This image is shown by the author of ViaVersion "http://i.imgur.com/8Q352yC.png" It shows enough evidence that if the server is 1.8 players can connect with 1.12 without any conflicts. And later says 'If you use a 1.8 server you will allow 1.12 / 1.11 / 1.10 and 1.9 clients'

Here are some Frequently asked Question and Answers by the Author of the plugin.

I can't use an item, block, feature from a newer version?! We aim to allow compatibility, we don't intend to add new items, blocks. (As it'd be unfair to older clients)
Will you update to version 1.x? We plan to update as new Minecraft updates come out, yes.

Using this plugin, 1.9-1.12 users will be able to block with a shield in their Vision but 1.8 users will use normal vision.

Therefore there shouldn't be any incompatibilities between versions and I'd be able to use 1.12 to play on here like i always wanted.

Thanks for reading, Hopefully you can guys support me and make the server 1.7-1.12..
This change is not meant to happen to servers like Practice which is 1.7.10 currently this change should happen to all servers that currently are 1.8-1.10 this will just make it now 1.8-1.12.

Have a nice day, Moon_420

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
Other

Reason:
Everything is stated above, Please read that instead. Have a nice day.

Example:
Smart idea... +1

ASCB_imran

Veteran
This will defiantly get us more players since some players aren't bothered to change their version and use the most recent version which is 1.12. Will forward it to Yoeri.

Also we defiantly don't want to lose the 1.7 playerbase so instead of Waterfall or BungeeCord which only support 1.8 - 1.12, using HexagonMC or Travertine (Waterfall fork) which both support 1.7 - 1.12 would be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.