Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Voting Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surbate

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
Surbate
Minecraft username:
Surbate

Suggestion:
Voting Confirmation

Detailed description:
So there's lately been quite a bit of a problem with vote abusers. They waited until the last day and then abused with the username of others, who up until that point got onto the VoteTop with legitimate votes. This one might be a bit controversial, but I think there should be sort of a confirmation for votes, where you have to be online (else it should just not give any rewards) which could potentially be turned off in a setting and get a message in chat where it says like "You've voted on vote link x, is this vote from you?" with a yes and no option. This is a good way to confirm that the person who voted is actually the person they're trying to vote for, and I think this is a good solution for vote abusers preventing legitimate voters being on the VoteTop.
What could also be an option is to make it send the confirmation to the linked Discord Account, which would also prevent those exploiters (thanks @ImPosiden)

Reason(s):
As I've mentioned above, there's a couple of vote abusers that vote for others to get them removed from the VoteTop.

Example(s):
Also mentioned above

Last edited:

ImPosiden

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
ImPosiden
+1 , I was also a victim of these people, so implementing this would be a good idea, this could also reduce the bots voting for themselves

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
IGN
_live_insaan_
-1, if you make it mandatory for the person to be online ingame(that's what I'm assuming), the amount of vote that pika gets will reduce drastically.

ImPosiden

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
ImPosiden
-1, if you make it mandatory for the person to be online ingame(that's what I'm assuming), the amount of vote that pika gets will reduce drastically.
Then could make it so, they can turn it on and off, by default it will be turned off but there will be a feature in settingd to turn on

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
IGN
_live_insaan_
Then could make it so, they can turn it on and off, by default it will be turned off but there will be a feature in settingd to turn on
Doing this won't reduce the threats that exploiters posses, a alternate option to this should be that they cap the amount of votes a player can get to 6 (7 if they make 2nd site working), this will solve each and every issue in vote top.

OP
OP
Surbate

Surbate

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
Surbate
I think it's better to not make it incredibly easy to just get anyone off of the voting leaderboard. The votes won't decrease drastically, they will decrease in terms of bots not being able to abuse as much as before.

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
IGN
_live_insaan_
I think it's better to not make it incredibly easy to just get anyone off of the voting leaderboard. The votes won't decrease drastically, they will decrease in terms of bots not being able to abuse as much as before.
And this will directly effect pika's reach in Minecraft server sites.

OP
OP
Surbate

Surbate

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
Surbate
Doing this won't reduce the threats that exploiters posses, a alternate option to this should be that they cap the amount of votes a player can get to 6 (7 if they make 2nd site working), this will solve each and every issue in vote top.
Yes, it will reduce the threats. It's for the users to decide whether they're vulnerable to exploiters or not.

ImPosiden

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
ImPosiden
And this will directly effect pika's reach in Minecraft server sites.
as i said , if they add a feature to turn on this thing surbate suggested , I see no reason why 1 person is complaining about it , since it is not affecting other players who hasn't turned it on

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
IGN
_live_insaan_
You don't understand, all those exploited votes help pika to gain popularity and that's the only reason they are not having a look into it, pretty sure it won't take much time and efforts for devs tk find a fix to this, but again the votes get them popularity they want, and at the end of the month, they remove potential exploiters and give out rewards

OP
OP
Surbate

Surbate

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
Surbate
You don't understand, all those exploited votes help pika to gain popularity and that's the only reason they are not having a look into it, pretty sure it won't take much time and efforts for devs tk find a fix to this, but again the votes get them popularity they want, and at the end of the month, they remove potential exploiters and give out rewards
The Devs can't fix an issue like this. It's through the external vote sites where the votes get registered.

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
IGN
_live_insaan_
The Devs can't fix an issue like this. It's through the external vote sites where the votes get registered.
They can, if they want. They can cap the vote limit they can even block the sites which is being exploited, they can add better and safer sites, there's alot of ways to fix this, one is also the way you suggested.

ImPosiden

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
ImPosiden
adding the confirmation going to the dicord is better and easier that way the player doesn't have to be online , this solves your another problem . the confirmation goes to the ACC which is linked to the username

_live_insaan_

Legendary Pika
IGN
_live_insaan_
adding the confirmation going to the dicord is better and easier that way the player doesn't have to be online , this solves your another problem . the confirmation goes to the ACC which is linked to the username
I would prefer this over that

BlakD3mon_

Epic Pika
IGN
BlakD3mon_
how will i bot my votes if this becomes a thing... no thanks

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Minecraft username:
Surbate

Suggestion:
Voting Confirmation

Detailed description:
So there's lately been quite a bit of a problem with vote abusers. They waited until the last day and then abused with the username of others, who up until that point got onto the VoteTop with legitimate votes. This one might be a bit controversial, but I think there should be sort of a confirmation for votes, where you have to be online (else it should just not give any rewards) which could potentially be turned off in a setting and get a message in chat where it says like "You've voted on vote link x, is this vote from you?" with a yes and no option. This is a good way to confirm that the person who voted is actually the person they're trying to vote for, and I think this is a good solution for vote abusers preventing legitimate voters being on the VoteTop.
What could also be an option is to make it send the confirmation to the linked Discord Account, which would also prevent those exploiters (thanks @ImPosiden)

Reason(s):
As I've mentioned above, there's a couple of vote abusers that vote for others to get them removed from the VoteTop.

Example(s):
Also mentioned above
I understand the situation but in my opinion there would be a better way to solve this. First thing the abuser can easily fact check if the other person for example me is online by inviting me to a party. This might solve the problem by some what but won't do it entirely. The discord is also not useful as some players don't have discord due to many reason one of it could be due to age. So in my opinion think of something that solves the problem entirely without having to lose something which in this case is having to login to vote as many players just vote without logging in.

OP
OP
Surbate

Surbate

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
Surbate
I understand the situation but in my opinion there would be a better way to solve this. First thing the abuser can easily fact check if the other person for example me is online by inviting me to a party. This might solve the problem by some what but won't do it entirely. The discord is also not useful as some players don't have discord due to many reason one of it could be due to age. So in my opinion think of something that solves the problem entirely without having to lose something which in this case is having to login to vote as many players just vote without logging in.
What I'm trying to say though, is that you have to be online to get a confirmation message, also mentioned in the suggestion, please read it fully first.

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
What I'm trying to say though, is that you have to be online to get a confirmation message, also mentioned in the suggestion, please read it fully first.
I still don't think this would be the best solution. In my opinion there should be something that fix it entirely without having to make another settings. This isn't even a security issue it's a rule breaking offense so there should be a way to prevent it. For example we can't advertise our yt in chat with link there is no settings to change that cuz that's a rule breaking thing which the dev found the solution of. Vote cap could be a better option a player could only vote 5 times within 24 hours or 6 times if u include discord bot too and any more then that would not register at all so no matter how much someone tries to abuse it u would not get affected.

OP
OP
Surbate

Surbate

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
Surbate
I still don't think this would be the best solution. In my opinion there should be something that fix it entirely without having to make another settings. This isn't even a security issue it's a rule breaking offense so there should be a way to prevent it. For example we can't advertise our yt in chat with link there is no settings to change that cuz that's a rule breaking thing which the dev found the solution of. Vote cap could be a better option a player could only vote 5 times within 24 hours or 6 times if u include discord bot too and any more then that would not register at all so no matter how much someone tries to abuse it u would not get affected.
The votes are returned differently every time

Status
Not open for further replies.