Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Trigger warning Please, explain this... #gunfire #voodootje

Old_Prophet

The Pika
I don't get it... When a faction is created with the name Cnacer, it is obvious the player naming it like that is trying to pull staff a leg and be toxic... when i report this, it is not punished. How serious do you want to banish toxicity ?

UpperGround

Great Reporter
I don't get it... When a faction is created with the name Cnacer, it is obvious the player naming it like that is trying to pull staff a leg and be toxic... when i report this, it is not punished. How serious do you want to banish toxicity ?
what is wrong with cnacer

MercuryGFX

Veteran
Better not to. Showing any negative behaviour will lead into a punishment. Avoid saying such thing, what can i say? ;)

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
in rule making a.k.a. legislation and upholding rules you should not just interpret rules to the letter, but also in spirit. When you want a community to have a certain spirit you can contribute to that by upholding your rules in a certain spirit. Everybody knows that the word is spelled wrong for a reason. Following the same logic, you cannot punish some one for saying get cacner if you do not disband the faction with the same name and punish the maker of that faction. Technically they do the same thing. There is no logic at all in doing the one but not the other. In one case, you uphold a rule in spirit of what it means, in the other you will say that technically, there is no broken rule. That is a lack of consistency. It's your rules, it's your server, but this is how things are seen buy your public.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
in rule making a.Ok.a. legislation and upholding rules you should not just interpret rules to the letter, but also in spirit. When you want a community to have a certain spirit you can contribute to that by upholding your rules in a certain spirit. Everybody knows that the word is spelled wrong for a reason. Following the same logic, you cannot punish some one for saying get cacner if you do not disband the faction with the same name and punish the maker of that faction. Technically they do the same thing. There is no logic at all in doing the one but not the other. In one case, you uphold a rule in spirit of what it means, in the other you will say that technically, there is no broken rule. That is a lack of consistency. It's your rules, it's your server, but this is how things are seen buy your public.
great explanation

Reporter80

Pika Lover
it is like the server itself is mistake. The staff members have their reasons to or not to ban / mute people. If everyone thinks CNACER is exactly cancer, then you people will be like "wow this guy is breaking the rules". And when the report comes denied, you struggle and speak like the server have to do something about it.

The difference is "CNACER" isn't a swearing word, having it as a name is possible. But if you use it in the chat like "get cnacer", it is counted as swearing because you are offending people.

What? the faction's name is offending you? Sike, actually, just leave the server alone.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
it is like the server itself is mistake. The staff members have their reasons to or not to ban / mute people. If everyone thinks CNACER is exactly cancer, then you people will be like "wow this guy is breaking the rules". And when the report comes denied, you struggle and speak like the server have to do something about it.

The difference is "CNACER" isn't a swearing word, having it as a name is possible. But if you use it in the chat like "get cnacer", it is counted as swearing because you are offending people.

What? the faction's name is offending you? Sike, actually, just leave the server alone.
just like that saying ksy is not punishable but 'kys' is

JustAsorra

The reason he isn't being punished is because that the staff don't know if he meant "cancer".

UpperGround

Great Reporter
The reason he isn't being punished is because that the staff don't know if he meant "cancer".
nope everyone knows he wanted to make it cancer but because cnacer isnt punishable he used that, they aren't the same word so

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
UpaG, If this was my server, i would have you banned from forums for a month just for making that comment. You add absolutely NOTHING to the discussion.

The issue is that there is a 1 in a trillion chance that the person in THIS case could be very creatively try to spell knacker or something a like. Which we all know is not the case, but it COULD be. But it's not just about this case. They also go free if they write suck my Đ 1ck becaus it does not say anything against the rules, and that is so wrong. I even have examples of people getting not punished for saying "I will sell my virgin sister" and "girls are objects" "how did you like to be rped by me" because.... No rules were broken. Makes me seriously wonder whether this server is ruled by decent civilized people or some faction of Boko Haram. I told this to modorator.... Not even a blink, no reaction what so ever. No i have asked the manager to talk about it. Not the subject, just that i have a serious matter that i want to address, let's see how he responds. Because I think these things are immoral and shall not pass. (Gandalf the Grey)

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
The challenge in servers with combat is that you want to create a relatively safe playing environment. You are not responsible for who comes to play, but you are responsible for the environment you create. So a server-team is responsible for the rules they establish, AND the enforcement of such rules. The dilemma that is always there is: too many rules, impossible to enforce; too little rules, unsafe gaming environment.
The kind of players that play the combat modes are in general more toxic than the non-combat mode players. Because of getting killed, triggering anger. In factions, there is also the 'getting raided' factor that plays a part. Then there is the age of most players - they are in a stage of life where they really want to prove them selves to others - and the keyboard warrior factor. So toxicity levels on faction servers and bed war servers for example are high. ergo: hackers. Because people do not like losing. Hackers trigger even more anger, ergo: more toxicity. It is an endless circle that the players have a big own responsibility in, but do not, and will not take.
This responsibility is partially very simple: do not fight the hackers. Because if you ignore the hackers, they don't get what they come for. Which is: the satisfaction if killing and degrading you. If they don't get that, they are not reinforced in their need, and they will stay away. Unfortunately, there are always people that think that they need to beat the hacker, so... the hackers will keep coming. But those are just the PVP hackers.
In Factions, there is another kind of active hacker, that hacks into bases and steals your stuff, finds bases with xray and chest esp. Those are pretty much a pest and can not be done anything against by players. Unfortunately.
Now, having explained why there is so much toxic behavior in these servers, i think it is clear that the only way to get rid of is, is to make it punishable. And the rules that Pika Network has, are pretty okay. But not okay enough, or they are interpreted wrong by the staff.
These rules are created to maintain a safe playing environment. And to keep a playing environment safe, it is key not to maintain a rule, but to prevent impact from being caused on a player. Now everybody can understand that it does not matter whether someone writes "suck my Đ 1ck" or "suck my dick" the impact on the people reading it is exactly the same. EXACTLY the same. And the INTENTION of the person writing it, is exactly the same too. There is no excuse for writing it that way. It should not be written either way. Phases like "girls are objects" or "selling my virgin sister" are completely not done on a minecraft server.They don't belong there, they are not useful in game play, So it is quite easy to punish someone for it. You can just make a rule for immoral content. And server staff can decide themselves what immoral is. Morality is subjective. That may be tricky on one side, but you can rather give a warning to many than one to little. There can also be a simple rule about "religious content" which will immediately get rid of all the discussions about Jews, Muslims, Christians and everything. There is a faction called Jihad.. please....!!!!! Using a minecraft server to proclaim a holy war ? A minecraft server is not a place to discuss such things in public chat. There can be a rule about ethnicity and nationality. Covering everything from the N word to rice-picker, bean-eater, fucking retarded French and everything. It does not matter where someone comes from. Using that in a negative or insulting way should be punishable.
There are a lot of things i can say about this, but I don't want to waste my time on a post that nobody will read anyway......

JerryMine

The Pika
UpaG, If this was my server, i would have you banned from forums for a month just for making that comment. You add absolutely NOTHING to the discussion.
but he didn't break the rules :p
The challenge in servers with combat is that you want to create a relatively safe playing environment. You are not responsible for who comes to play, but you are responsible for the environment you create. So a server-team is responsible for the rules they establish, AND the enforcement of such rules. The dilemma that is always there is: too many rules, impossible to enforce; too little rules, unsafe gaming environment.
The kind of players that play the combat modes are in general more toxic than the non-combat mode players. Because of getting killed, triggering anger. In factions, there is also the 'getting raided' factor that plays a part. Then there is the age of most players - they are in a stage of life where they really want to prove them selves to others - and the keyboard warrior factor. So toxicity levels on faction servers and bed war servers for example are high. ergo: hackers. Because people do not like losing. Hackers trigger even more anger, ergo: more toxicity. It is an endless circle that the players have a big own responsibility in, but do not, and will not take.
This responsibility is partially very simple: do not fight the hackers. Because if you ignore the hackers, they don't get what they come for. Which is: the satisfaction if killing and degrading you. If they don't get that, they are not reinforced in their need, and they will stay away. Unfortunately, there are always people that think that they need to beat the hacker, so... the hackers will keep coming. But those are just the PVP hackers.
In Factions, there is another kind of active hacker, that hacks into bases and steals your stuff, finds bases with xray and chest esp. Those are pretty much a pest and can not be done anything against by players. Unfortunately.
Now, having explained why there is so much toxic behavior in these servers, i think it is clear that the only way to get rid of is, is to make it punishable. And the rules that Pika Network has, are pretty okay. But not okay enough, or they are interpreted wrong by the staff.
These rules are created to maintain a safe playing environment. And to keep a playing environment safe, it is key not to maintain a rule, but to prevent impact from being caused on a player. Now everybody can understand that it does not matter whether someone writes "suck my Đ 1ck" or "suck my dick" the impact on the people reading it is exactly the same. EXACTLY the same. And the INTENTION of the person writing it, is exactly the same too. There is no excuse for writing it that way. It should not be written either way. Phases like "girls are objects" or "selling my virgin sister" are completely not done on a minecraft server.They don't belong there, they are not useful in game play, So it is quite easy to punish someone for it. You can just make a rule for immoral content. And server staff can decide themselves what immoral is. Morality is subjective. That may be tricky on one side, but you can rather give a warning to many than one to little. There can also be a simple rule about "religious content" which will immediately get rid of all the discussions about Jews, Muslims, Christians and everything. There is a faction called Jihad.. please....!!!!! Using a minecraft server to proclaim a holy war ? A minecraft server is not a place to discuss such things in public chat. There can be a rule about ethnicity and nationality. Covering everything from the N word to rice-picker, bean-eater, fucking retarded French and everything. It does not matter where someone comes from. Using that in a negative or insulting way should be punishable.
There are a lot of things i can say about this, but I don't want to waste my time on a post that nobody will read anyway......
I think they are bypassing it so they can't get judged. So, we need a new rule.