Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Time to declare Pika Survival Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jestyr

Pika Lover
Most times I sign on now... there is only a handful of players at most. The economy is dead since there's almost no one in it. Even those who hold old donor ranks never come around anymore.

One wonders if it's time to pull the plug on this poor old server (survival, not all of Pika)

Superepic97

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Survival isn't dead to be honest just we play at the different time so maybe when you join you see no one on. And I agree old survival which was at 2014-2015 was best.

lillykat86

Epic Pika
Maybe its just getting started , jk shit needs to get with time I seen 1.13 and Im no longer interested in 1.8!!! Time to move on as I have and join the future!!! But for real if Pika wants to live on you have to update, none of this 1.8 crap!!

Piece_Of_Cake

Personally i think an update would be really great, you could combine the update with a reset.
The way the server is now does not attrackt people because you cant find any non raided netherfortresses and dungeons.
In the new survival maybe add more quests and cities, now we have just one city and the quests are just fetch this item and give it to him but with more you can do quests like go there talk to this person.
If you need any help building the new cities i can help, im not the best builder to exist here but im not bad (in my opinion)

HyperRSmash

Veteran
Most times I sign on now... there is only a handful of players at most. The economy is dead since there's almost no one in it. Even those who hold old donor ranks never come around anymore.

One wonders if it's time to pull the plug on this poor old server (survival, not all of Pika)
Jestyr werent u dead? Did u came back to life D:
Lol i cant play cuz i hv to study. Ill be back in summer :/ and ye 1.8 is boring with 1.12 we could go end and get elytras.

MobMobGasErop

Veteran
seeing that I have played survival for a very long time I would also like to see it move towards a 1.12 or so because then people have more stuff to do instead of the same things over and over again

and since not a lot know me by this name I will sign off with my old name

Greetings Drummaster1995 //MobMobGasErop

OP
OP
J

Jestyr

Pika Lover
Ah... so mobmob = Drummie :)
Good to see you again

I really REALLY hope the owners will consider upping survival to 1.13... that would get some renewed interest for a good while. Part though, the "glory days" will never be back. Pika runs at a lower player volume now and with so many sub servers within the Pika Server... the player group is sub-divided even more.

Upgrading the version would do a world of good... but we're not likely to ever see the "good old days" again.

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
Well honestly speaking, Survival is getting old, and not many new players come in, at my time of this post (12:20 PM, there's literally no one there except me (or some random player that joins and sometimes leave suddenly) doing it good and upgrading it to 1.12 could increase the chances of it having the players it really needs, and I do have to admit that I miss how Survival used to be (I grown with playing in Survival all the time since 2013) but progress is a must to continue the growth of Survival itself, all the other servers are abundant in players, so why not give Survival it's moment to shine?

RaVo

Legendary Pika
Well honestly speaking, Survival is getting old, and not many new players come in, at my time of this post (12:20 PM, there's literally no one there except me (or some random player that joins and sometimes leave suddenly) doing it good and upgrading it to 1.12 could increase the chances of it having the players it really needs, and I do have to admit that I miss how Survival used to be (I grown with playing in Survival all the time since 2013) but progress is a must to continue the growth of Survival itself, all the other servers are abundant in players, so why not give Survival it's moment to shine?
I agree that if a new player is looking for a server, will he choose for a server thats 1.8 or 1.12+, and that more new players would also make the gamemode more enjoyable for the non-newplayers, but there is also that survival has a horrible economie. They made survival way to easy by making voting and donating even more OP. Whats the point of building huge farms if someone thats lucky can just change a spawner into the same thing. In my opinion they should nerf donators by putting cooldowns on abilities like changing spawners and /fix, and perhaps increace the rarety of spawn eggs even further.
I understand that voting and donating is important to them, but there are other things that you can give to donators then raw power and the abilitie to share it.

(sorry for my english)
#Note; I havent played survival in a while but knowing pika, I doubt allot changed, please correct me if I am wrong.

Probably the main reason why Survival is dead because it's 1.8,people are interested in playing 1.12 which is a bigger challenge for survival players.

OP
OP
J

Jestyr

Pika Lover
I've said it before and will say it again... survival isn't survival anymore... having a /shop where you can just buy things makes it more like creative. The "ranked" players get free almost everything... so what's to work for...? When they sign on, a screen should just pop up that says "you win" and direct them back to the hub.

The ems in a [vault] money thing is kind of nice... it's manageable... keep that. Lose the /shop entirely, lose all the free armor, and kits, and crap for ranks.... or if you must have it... maybe ONE time when you first sign on and if you lose your free crap.. too bad. The game is WAY too easy.

and for gosh sakes... turn the degree of difficulty up to at least "normal"

ps... I love the /ah auction house... that's players selling what THEY have found or crafted... not just buying in from a bottomless /shop

The Jestyr has spoken

RaVo

Legendary Pika
I've said it before and will say it again... survival isn't survival anymore... having a /shop where you can just buy things makes it more like creative. The "ranked" players get free almost everything... so what's to work for...? When they sign on, a screen should just pop up that says "you win" and direct them back to the hub.

The ems in a [vault] money thing is kind of nice... it's manageable... keep that. Lose the /shop entirely, lose all the free armor, and kits, and crap for ranks.... or if you must have it... maybe ONE time when you first sign on and if you lose your free crap.. too bad. The game is WAY too easy.

I agree with you that the game is way to easy and that donators are a bit op, but saying that they get almost everything for free is bs. Also making kits a "one time thing" would nolonger reward donators for being online regularly, which is in my opinion something you would want to do.

ps... I love the /ah auction house... that's players selling what THEY have found or crafted... not just buying in from a bottomless /shop
As far as I can see /ah only causes less interaction between the player, ontop of that it makes building your own shop way less usefull. So /ah basically removes something to work for.:halo:

Lose the /shop entirely
A better sullution for /shop would be to just make it a bit more expensive, bc especially in the early game, it allows players to get rare items like slimeballs and beacons.

turn the degree of difficulty up to at least "normal"
Increacing the difficulty doesn make survival any harder, it only makes it easier. spawners will spawn more and grinders will have more mobs in it.

Lastly I think that its interresting that your only talking about donators being op, while voting is OP aswell.

#note: I left out "in my opinion" a few times.

OP
OP
J

Jestyr

Pika Lover
Were it my choosing... I'd leave out donators and voting entirely. Players starting out with enchanted diamond armor and/or potions, blocks, enchanted books floods the game with "stuff"

Also... it's the donators who have "moved on" from survival... all but one or two anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.