Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

The Implementation of the Auction House Server Plugin in Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrodyGames

SUGGESTION: Add The AuctionHouse Plugin to Pika Network
I believe the implementation of the Auction House Server Plugin would be a great addition to the server as scammers are rampant within the Faction and OP Faction Servers. The plugin works through the usage of the command /ah. Upon inserting this command, a large inventory-like public storage opens up with various items up for auctioning inside. In my opinion the auctioning process, itself, should be on a "Buy Now" sort-of basis. This means, after an item is auctioned in the Auction House, immediate purchase of the item may be made based on whatever price the auctioneer inputted. It is also important to add that this opinion is not original. The usage of this method of auctioning is utilized in the Premium Minecraft "Cosmic PVP" Server. It seems to be an efficient way of trading/selling items and eliminates a players chance of getting scammed (either by a "q" drop transaction or a low bid auction sale). Threads are meant to possess one suggestion but another alternative may the /trade Plugin. Either way, I suggest a safe server provided way of selling and trading items. After only, its beneficial to the very players that make the server what it is. Thanks for your consideration!

ADDITIONAL INFO AND DOWNLOAD LINKS
Features:
  • Create auctions with different length and startbid.​
  • Add your item in hand or specify the item!​
  • Enchantments do work too!​
  • Add multiple auctions at once.​
  • Add auctions as server.​
  • Bid on auctions.​
  • Undo your bid after configurable time.​
  • Abort your own auctions or even all auctions.​
  • Subscribe to auctions and materials to get notified.​
  • Get your items from everywhere or use signs.​
And much more...

planned features:
  • auctionbox as chest with separate inventory​
  • flatfile for starting planned serverauctions​
Commands:
  • /ah help : Shows available commands​
  • /ah add : Adds an auction​
  • /ah remove : Removes an auction​
  • /ah bid : Bids on an auction​
  • /ah confirm : Confirms a request​
  • /ah list : Lists all auctions​
  • /ah search : Search for auctions​
  • /ah info : Information about auctions​
  • /ah getItems : Receive Items from won or aborted auctions​
  • /ah notify : Changes notification​
  • /ah subscribe : Subscribes to auctions or material​
  • /ah unsubscribe : Unsubscribes auctions or material​
  • /ah undoBid : Undo bids​
  • /ah reload : reload the plugin​
Signs:
  • 1st Line: [AuctionHouse] or [ah]​
  • AuctionBox Sign:
    • 2nd Line: AuctionBox
  • StartAuction Sign:
    • 2nd Line: Start
    • 3rd Line: <auctionlength>
    • 4th Line: [startbid]
  • ListAuctions Sign:
    • 2nd Line: List or AuctionSearch
    • 3rd Line: [ItemFilter] or All
;)CLICK HERE FOR BUKKIT LINK;)
;)CLICK HERE FOR SPIGOT LINK;)

OP
OP
B

BrodyGames

Its on prison but its benefits are much more abundant within a larger server like factions.

Cloudz

This would help a lot in op factions, the flo auction only allows a certain number of auctions a time i think 3 one curent and 2 in queue, with auction house everyone can auction at any time without having to wait for the chance to get in the queue as well as it gets rid of auction snipes where its about who bids at the last second, i like the idea of auction house :)

Opticlulz

Veteran
I think this would be better on OP factions then factions seeing as normal players dont have access to /auc start in the first place on factions.

OP
OP
B

BrodyGames

Thanks for the additional input guys. The auction would definitely be even more helpful on op facs than regular facs and I hope a server staff member helps along the idea so we can enjoy its benefits as soon as possible.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
/auc isnt available to normal players in factions so I doubt this would help much

Secondly, you suggested this to combat scamming in these servers. However, scamming is a legal action in factions and part of the economy. I just don't see the need for this over the current plugin

OP
OP
B

BrodyGames

/ah is a public command within the plugin. Whether or not it will be restricted to donators, mods, admins, etc. is up to the server owners and staff, so there's no point in arguing it in comparison to the restrictions set on /auc. On the other hand, scamming may be legal on the server, but, in terms of increasing the common players experience, this plugin, whether its restricted or not, will be greatly beneficial. This is why I suggested the plugin. I hope /ah will be public and, if it is, scamming will be completely eradicated.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
/ah is a public command within the plugin. Whether or not it will be restricted to donators, mods, admins, etc. is up to the server owners and staff, so there's no point in arguing it in comparison to the restrictions set on /auc. On the other hand, scamming may be legal on the server, but, in terms of increasing the common players experience, this plugin, whether its restricted or not, will be greatly beneficial. This is why I suggested the plugin. I hope /ah will be public and, if it is, scamming will be completely eradicated.
It won't be completely irradicated. People will still be scammed. Hell i can scam USING the auction house xD

Cloudz

True but as we said its mainly thought to be implemented to op factions, and also if ah cant be implemented at least raise the in game rank that you can auction stuff to like batman rank

CreeperPeeper

Epic Pika
Slight problem AH is a 1.8 plugin. Factions is currently a 1.7.10 server so not would work anyways...

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
oh and of course Lexi has to dislike my post for now reason (Probably because of way back in other threads or because of he/she hates 1.9...) and note i don't like 1.9 either im just saying what Admins have said...

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I disliked your post because it was spreading false information. Pika staff have already said that they have no plans to make the server 1.9 anytime soon. Glad to see you are just as much a child as I thought though xD, rage disliking all my posts

OP
OP
B

BrodyGames

GWG, do you think the Auction House Plugin, despite the recent information that it is incompatible with the server's current version, would have been a useful or useless addition to Op (or Regular) Factions? Please share your opinion in the survey above if its not too much of a hassle.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Ok then i disliked 2 of them as you have done to me.... makes sense right? 2 for 2? Anyways Brody it would be a nice addition. But as i don't play on Either Factions server i can tell you personally.... But again its a nice system to add to servers like this... (although i haven't seen many Factions servers with one...)

Status
Not open for further replies.