Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: Staff Activity Graph/Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
Suggestion:
Staff Activity Graph/Timetable

Detailed description:
*Disclaimer*
I know that staff do have lives, and that those lives can be filled with unpredictable events, so don't post farm by spamming that.

Now, I have often heard about players yelling and ranting about the fact that no staff are online, or that they really need staff, but don't when to contact them and be sure in a quick answer.
Most people think that the Pika should simply recruit more staff for their team, but this is of course, not the only possible solution.
Something I had in mind to, if nothing, allow members some time of knowing when are staff active is an "Activity Timetable"
It could simply be a MS Word Table or Graph thqt contains the "supposed active time of certain staff members"
The tables contents can be as following:
Timezone of the staff member;
Times when the staff member is most active;
Days when the staff member is most active;
Server the staff member is most active on;
Platform on which the staff member is most active;
Etc.
The staff themselves should be able to choose how much information will they input into the table, based on
how sure they are that the schedule is at least partially correct.
If a staff member is unsure whether they can make a proper schedule, they are inactive or simply have a cramped personal schedule, that can be added as well.
The graph should be updated weekly for higher precision of the times specified.
Once made, it could either be published as a picture on the homepage or somewhere just as noticable, so people actually know of it's existence.

Conclusion:
I do realize this sounds kind of difficult to make, but it is a good temporary solution for shutting up the angry players.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames
Buildwars
Forums

Reason:
Pika's community has always been very angry with the lack of staff, but even more with the fact that if they do want to know when staff are active, they can't have such information.
If we had some imformation graph actually telling what timezones do staff cover, it would make players feel more at ease to play during those times, knowing that staff are supervising the servers at those times.

Example:

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Hello there @DinosMagicWorld !
I appreciate it that you want to make improvements to the server, but you don't know, we might already have something like this, but maybe not, you don't know. We try to keep all staff related business to ourselves so the players do not need to deal with that so they can just play along and have fun. The suggestion is good because we can use this to our advantage and make the staff team work better, it's just that we can not force staff to come, they volunteered to do this job, they do not get paid.
I still think this is a good suggestion so you have my vote. Still, this is up to our Head Admin team to decide.

+1

Regardless of my opinion, this does not mean that this will or will not get implemented, there is always a chance. And I am not the one to make such decisions, that is to the Head-Staff and YOU, the players, to decide.

Thank you for your suggestion, have a nice day! ^.^

DqrkneZz

Veteran
DinosMagicWorld, I believe that you have a good point and that your suggestion would be a nice addition to help both staff members and players and clarify the different timezones and times when each staff member can be active. But the thing is, usually most of the players who get angry and complain about such things like the inactivity of staff members do not have access to any of pika's platforms. Furthermore, most of the staff members of pika are under 18 and their schedule can have an extreme number of differentiations because of unexpected events, or even their exams. As Smash already said, the staff members of the server have volunteered to do that job and cannot be forced to follow a certain schedule which could have even been set by themselves. Therefore, in my opinion there would be a big instability and that would end up in the schedule not being followed directly.

Of course, it's up to the head administration.

skyarmyfan11

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Ok inma go against the tide here and say -1

Reason
If there is a thing that will tell People when staff are most active, it is basicly telling hackers when to turn them of so they don't get caught.
True, the schedule thing won't be perfect, but it will say about what times in certain servers where there are few staff *cough, galatix cough* and when they won't be on. The hackers will take advantage of this, and that is why I must say
But hey, its up to admins

iactivateMC

Ultimate Legendary Pika
skyarmy has a point. and what ^^ DqrkneZz said, most staff members are under 18. I'm more than under 18, I'm 11. :p

Have a lovely day,
iactivateMC

OP
OP
DinosMagicWorld

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
Ok inma go against the tide here and say -1

Reason
If there is a thing that will tell People when staff are most active, it is basicly telling hackers when to turn them of so they don't get caught.
True, the schedule thing won't be perfect, but it will say about what times in certain servers where there are few staff *cough, galatix cough* and when they won't be on. The hackers will take advantage of this, and that is why I must say
But hey, its up to admins

Hmm well, you do have a point, but we would also benefit from knowing the holes that exist between one staff being active and the other, since Pika could then attempt to recruit more staff that are active during those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.