Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: A step towards the hacker's extinction

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndlessNight

Suggestion:
A step towards the hacker's extinction

Detailed description:
Problem:
Right now, the server has a moderate anti-cheat system but I'm sure everyone is aware of the amount of hackers on PVP servers (Ex: Bedwars, Eggwars, Skywars, Practice PVP, Kit PVP, etc). To counter this problem, the server released a new /report command. But, in many different servers, I have literally spammed this command to plead for admin help because of a hacker on a server but nobody came to the rescue.

Suggestion:
1) Get a better anti-cheat system which should at least block common hacked clients such as Wurst, Skill Client, etc. (duh)
2) Give longer sentences to hackers instead of just kicking or temp-banning them to prevent use of alternative accounts and cracked accounts
3) Get more staff to monitor the server and find hackers.
4) Apply a VPN blocker and use IP bans more often to reduce the ease of hacking on the server

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Practice
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
Other

Reason:
Because right now, the server is literally crowded with hackers, which is driving players away from your server. In addition, in my opinion, the amount of hackers is the number one reason why your server has gone down in ranks (it used to be the number one cracked server) and why the number of ordinary players (without hacks) has decreased.

Example:
It's too easy to catch a hacker on the server. Literally almost every game you play has at least one hacker playing.

GoldenDipper

Pika Lover
ok dude its impossible to have no hackers on a server with 100+ players so i give this a -1

nd618

Supporter
Suggestion:
1) Get a better anti-cheat system which should at least block common hacked clients such as Wurst, Skill Client, etc. (duh)
2) Give longer sentences to hackers instead of just kicking or temp-banning them to prevent use of alternative accounts and cracked accounts
4) Apply a VPN blocker and use IP bans more often to reduce the ease of hacking on the server

The truth is that all this have been suggested or already implemented in server .

Answers on your suggestions :

1) Anticheat has been suggested several times, even a new version of game servers for a better anticheat .
Answer from staff : " So expensive " .

2) Longer sentence for hackers ?
It's already there , hack = perma ban
( according to the community rules )

3) Staff should be active and in different time zones . More staff ? I kinda agree but it's hard to find good ones ( Mature ) .

4) IP bans already implemented , 3 accounts banned = IP ban

AlphaPizza

Veteran
Hello Player!

Firstly, we appreciate you taking the time to write these suggestions and trying to help the server and its community.

Coming to your suggestion, it has been written in the form of 4 points, so I will answer each separately.

Very reasonable request and yes, we are currently working towards replacing our anti-cheat with a new and improved one which will more accurately block out hackers.
2) Give longer sentences to hackers instead of just kicking or temp-banning them to prevent the use of alternative accounts and cracked accounts
Here at Pika, we take hacking very seriously and hence our punishment for hacking has always been a permanent ban from the server and it will remain so.
We currently have a fairly large staff team who moderate whenever possible. However, we are continuously trying to recruit new capable staff members to the team. In fact, you should apply if you feel, you'd be up for it! We always welcome new capable recruits with open arms.
As per our current policy, an IP Ban is used only in cases of the serious offense or in the case that a player has 3 or more banned accounts.
We are working on upgrading our VPN Blocker as well.

In conclusion, I'd like to say that on a cracked server, in spite of all these steps, there will always be hackers. But we will always be there to stop them. ;)

Thank you for your suggestion! Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.