Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

SO MANY THINGS TO FIX

am i right bois?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Steedther123

First of all, delete 1.12- support, its sooo bad and it breaks everything:
1. can't place boats down on the floor, which also means that i can't transport villagers, AND why do boats and minecarts get despawned because of clearlag? just a waste of iron and wood.
2. i get the "lag fix" thing, but i'd rather be able to make hoppers and lag than not being able to transport items.
3. renaming items is disabled?! big yikes from me, means that i can't name my mobs with name tags.
4. mob spawners don't work?! i dont think it affects lag at all tbh.
5. slabs are really glitchy, i can't move at certain positions on them or under them, also can't put blocks under slabs.
6. we don't even get vote rewards, it's impossible to get hoppers.
7. i can't claim trust a person out of my clan?! what?

Thank you for the attention.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
I'd fix it all if I had a say in the matter, but I'm not currently a developer for this server. I've tried contacting voodoo on multiple platforms with simple fixes ready to go, but I never got a response. Instead of helping with server setup here, I've been helping my survival friends with their own servers, which ended up competing for the survival donators.

9L4you

Rare Pika
I'd fix it all if I had a say in the matter, but I'm not currently a developer for this server. I've tried contacting voodoo on multiple platforms with simple fixes ready to go, but I never got a response. Instead of helping with server setup here, I've been helping my survival friends with their own servers, which ended up competing for the survival donators.
developer means Alot of Coding and making plugins and like its a hard job.Also if any of the plugin get bugged due to the other then you have to fix it. also make new updates to those same plugins. Hard Job...

leaf26

Legendary Pika
I am a professional software engineer. I'd think I could figure it out if I needed to.

Most of the problems with survival don't need new plugins, just simple plugin selection and configuration.

9L4you

Rare Pika
I am a professional software engineer. I'd think I could figure it out if I needed to.

Most of the problems with survival don't need new plugins, just simple plugin selection and configuration.
You can do it .... (Nope never)

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Yeah, well I'm gonna to go build my own server with blackjack and hookers.

In fact, forget the server.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
ok let's talk about the #1 issue: players can't claim their builds if they're a clan member, and everyone gets griefed because it's a cracked server.

For good reason, some of the most popular spigot plugins are griefprevention and coreprotect. They have had years of development, and their involved user base helps keep them up to date with the latest minecraft versions. Griefprevention makes both user and server grief a lot harder. Among other things, coreprotect lets operators revert any and all changes, and even store block logging data in another location.

Now let's talk about grief theories and how they affect operators' behavior.

Theoretically, a user could create a claim, use a tnt duping machine, and then move their claim. As a game exploit that mojang frequently fixes, I don't see a problem with disabling tnt duping via plugin, namely a plugin that goes by the name "illegalStack" that receives active development and resolves dozens of server-breaking behaviors like afk fish farms, tnt, duping, rail duping, hopper stack duping, etc. In combination with griefprevention, the probability of grief (where admins would normally need to intervene) drops closer to 0%.

Because users often theorize that "redstone == lag", operators have done their best to break the game via hopper settings and redstone clock blockers. There are existing plugins that provide feedback on how much of each server tick is spent on different tasks and offer ways to boost performance in ways not noticeable to players. Some changes, like mob stacking, are VERY noticeable and ruin the game when it doesn't work the way it should.

A very real source of lag would be growth ticks. Letting players farm through /shop encourages excessive farming behavior that harms the server.

Now let's talk about another basic problem set surrounding jobs and /shop.

First of all, the goal behind a jobs setup is to encourage a variety of players to work together through different tasks. Using multiple jobs as a source of income for /shop accomplishes the opposite. /shop is buggy and unnecessary and detracts from the "multiplayer" elements of "survival multiplayer". This is why /shop is generally considered by experienced and friendly players (i.e. most donators) as a bad idea for a community-driven gamemode. The easiest way to improve the game and encourage donations would be to simply not set up /shop and set jobs to give exp rewards in place of the plugin's point system and use "quests" to earn rewards relevant to the trade.

Now let's talk about the general lack of content.

1.13+ allows the use of datapacks to modify loot tables, add recipes, and create functions. I'm personally a big fan of tyuswoo's game-changer datapack, which uses functions to change mobs on spawn event and generate structures at runtime (which requires extra performance). It's a good reference of what's possible with the new options available. Of all the options available, we got nothing unique. I wouldn't even mention this lack of content if I didn't need to back up the fact that the development of the latest survival release seemed lazy despite how easy it is to put together a decent survival server.

Bugs and suggestions are being ignored since there's almost nobody among staff that knows what's going on or what to do about it. I tried to volunteer to help, and my application was met with unnecessary hostility over a simple mistake regarding the fine print at the bottom.

Last edited:

Looke

I guess the biggest manner is the staff and its knowledge itself, since I have heard, they have no real dev. Dunno if that is real, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Many of the things mentioned here have been announced to fix long ago and there is still no change.

This is no offense, I like to play on the server. But you can feel that there is something wrong with this server.

At least, something has to change. People don't have to play together and maybe this is why the community is so toxic. Every second tpa I'm dying because of a fall trap.

Looke

Why do you accept random tpas?

Well, since I am a friendly dude who wanted to help, I ported to a guy who meant to need some help, so.. But I already noticed, that Pika has the ugliest and most childish community of all servers. Players here are so weird and toxic. Other servers BY FAR have a more friendly community than this bunch of creeps. It is all about a versus like survival, not a coop one.

E: I never joined a server where people going to random plots and fire everything up, since players can light up every wooden block in your base, trusted or not.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Fire wouldn't be an issue with gRiEfPrEvEnTiOn

Losii

Epic Pika
Fire doesn't spread and they can't set ur base on fire

Losii

Epic Pika
You can still die
Ofc you can die from it. It's fire.
Just don't be stupid and invite random people. I guess why I haven't had problems is because I'm a solo clan and haven't given anyone build perms

Losii

Epic Pika
People have different taste. I like to compete with people and be the richest, you (I think) want to work together with people. I don't isolate myself from other players either, I spent like half of my playtime chatting with my friends. Solo clan ≠ not fun