Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Skywars is, quite literally, unplayable.

Neqromancer

Epic Pika
This is going to be close to a rant thread, click off if you don't like negative opinion (lmao)

Skywars is an amazing game. It combines the void and falling factors of bedwars, while being significantly shorter each round and can get more thrill. The maps are fun, the items are fun, and the rumble gamemode is fun.

...But if you've been playing skywars recently (or for the past many months) there is a glaring issue: Script kiddies! *

Call me pessimistic, but every 2 match I go to, I encounter some sort of kill aura/reach/whatever.
The current state of skywars is just filled with exploitors* that it's not fun or rewarding to play games. And, moreover, it gets people mad. This isn't good for both players and the server. This cheater problem turns away players from playing their favorite gamemodes, and can kick people away from the server, and just overall infuriates starters and pros alike.

And the thing is, we've been complaining for months now, yet there aren't any updates nor official mentions about this glaring cheater problem from any administrators or staff... Why?
I understand that anticheat takes a long time to develop and modify, I am in no way to judge or command; but it is infuriating when all I see the administrators do is just reset opprison and skyblock every once and while, and not address their second biggest gamemode.

I propose a temporary solution, that is to Kick anyone with a username that starts with FDP or F0D. But that merely is temporary, and the real solution if the developer could upgrade (or address atleast) the anticheat!

I don't hate pika, i've been playing it for a while, even with a premium account... But when a problem is so major, and the devs nor administrators don't address it, it confuses me. If you have any input, please put it! I'm genuinely curious on what you guys think of this matter.

* Script Kiddies/Exploitors: something i use instead of "hackers". Installing a file isn't hacking lmao

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
Hacms and Exploits have been developed really fast and its not really easy to compete with upcoming hacks and their bypassing of the anti-cheat, Since by the time they did something against the current hacks something new would appear, And also developing the anti cheat is hard and takes time, Currently the anti-cheat can deal with most hacks, And I don’t Think they will announce anti cheat changes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neqromancer

Neqromancer

Epic Pika
Hello,

Unfortunately Hacks and Exploits have been developed really fast and its not really easy to compete with upcoming hacks and their bypassing of the anti-cheat, Since by the time they did something against the current hacks something new would appear, And also developing the anti cheat is hard and takes time, Currently the anti-cheat can deal with most hacks, And I don’t Think they will announce anti cheat changes.

The best thing we can do is report the rule breakers and suggest changes (Anti-Cheat related suggestions will be denied).

Here are links for your references:

Player Report(s): https://pika-network.net/report/
Player Report Info: https://pika-network.net/report-info/
Suggestions (you can create them here): https://pika-network.net/suggestions/
Suggestion Info: https://pika-network.net/threads/read-before-posting.103683/
Thread Search Feature (to look/find the same/similar suggestion and upvoting them instead): https://pika-network.net/search/
i've been playing for 1-2 years, i know about all the links.
"Developed really fast"
yet other major servers are able to detecct these blatant exploits. Throughout my thread, I was talking more about blatant than ghost clients. Ghost clients are made to be undetectable: blatants are not.

Hhhhhhhhh

i've been playing for 1-2 years, i know about all the links.
"Developed really fast"
yet other major servers are able to detecct these blatant exploits. Throughout my thread, I was talking more about blatant than ghost clients. Ghost clients are made to be undetectable: blatants are not.
Just superior is bot who always throught pika is an op server he just need role in pika but in reality pika is 🗑 can't even manges bedwars and skyward every days there is bug or we can't join bedwars or skyward sometimes and also best thing is pika never kick hackers from server but kick guy who never use hack just bad can't handle one server properly and making everything p2w like if u don't have this rank then u don't use this cosmetics

ZekromXD

Legendary Pika
This is going to be close to a rant thread, click off if you don't like negative opinion (lmao)

Skywars is an amazing game. It combines the void and falling factors of bedwars, while being significantly shorter each round and can get more thrill. The maps are fun, the items are fun, and the rumble gamemode is fun.

...But if you've been playing skywars recently (or for the past many months) there is a glaring issue: Script kiddies! *

Call me pessimistic, but every 2 match I go to, I encounter some sort of kill aura/reach/whatever.
The current state of skywars is just filled with exploitors* that it's not fun or rewarding to play games. And, moreover, it gets people mad. This isn't good for both players and the server. This cheater problem turns away players from playing their favorite gamemodes, and can kick people away from the server, and just overall infuriates starters and pros alike.

And the thing is, we've been complaining for months now, yet there aren't any updates nor official mentions about this glaring cheater problem from any administrators or staff... Why?
I understand that anticheat takes a long time to develop and modify, I am in no way to judge or command; but it is infuriating when all I see the administrators do is just reset opprison and skyblock every once and while, and not address their second biggest gamemode.

I propose a temporary solution, that is to Kick anyone with a username that starts with FDP or F0D. But that merely is temporary, and the real solution if the developer could upgrade (or address atleast) the anticheat!

I don't hate pika, i've been playing it for a while, even with a premium account... But when a problem is so major, and the devs nor administrators don't address it, it confuses me. If you have any input, please put it! I'm genuinely curious on what you guys think of this matter.

* Script Kiddies/Exploitors: something i use instead of "hackers". Installing a file isn't hacking lmao
It’s funny my man. I’ve

It’s so funny my man. I just came on discord after encountering 4 hackers in a single game of skywars. half queue was filled with cheaters and cheaters only. I took a screenshot & shared it on discord. Then, I turned on forums to check if my other post got any replies and this is what I walk into xD. It’s so much relatable. At this point, the gamemode is so much unplayable & completely a goner.
I just returned to pika-network after a 8 month break. I last touched skywars in January and I decided to login again 3 days ago.
Skywars is completely different from what it used to be. Vampire is gone as an ability and no longer helps at all. They just decided to remove it & I found it so much unfair how so many F2P players who invested a lot of coins on it got their wallet drained for no reason xD.
And yes, the amount of hackers is actually so so soooo unreal. I witnessed people complaining about them on discord while I was away from mc and thoughts it’s just regular complaints but, It’s actually a really big issue at this point. I can’t find 2 games a row where I don’t encounter any cheaters. I’m so used to them at this point as they’re final boss of some game and I’m ready to take them down in a 1 on 1… or at least I’ll try to. I don’t find making a player report even close to useful. Literally the people asking to make a player report should get themselves checked. I just let them slide & continue to play the game.

I’m aware that no staff wants cheaters in-game & they’re surely looking into the problem as well. I’m totally not blaming them & I get their point as well.
But, I’d really love it if they could give this a priority instead of releasing a 450$ SkyMaster rank!

Attachments

• 143C4C69-EDA0-47E9-BAA6-6F4B403920BF.png
    143C4C69-EDA0-47E9-BAA6-6F4B403920BF.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 24

_DominikPro_

Great Reporter
I think that JustThiemo developer said in public chat on discord that he will start working more on anticheat so this should be fine soon w hackers : D

Splaterd

Rare Pika
Developers cannot always keep up with all new module edits being made. Any server will have cheaters,

OP
OP
Neqromancer

Neqromancer

Epic Pika
Developers cannot always keep up with all new module edits being made. Any server will have cheaters,
...Yet some do it better. Like Hypickle.
It's unfair comparing hypixel to pika network, the staffs and player amount is completely different, and hypixel is a company now (i think.)
but they're both minecraft servers and hypixel does an infintely better job (even if their anticheat is still somewhat bad) than pika IMO.
I want to say minemen is the best in regards to anticheat and pika should implement it, but the variety of players and their locations (aka ping) can give false positives for a big server like Pika. Any servers will have cheaters. But some servers do better jobs at hunting cheaters.
Hello thiemo stated that they'll update the configs and if it doesn't work they'll find a proper replacement
Hopefully this is good. but like, why doesnt he announce it?
@JustThiemo listen make server good ...
"Making server good" is a terrible and unhelpful message. Give a solution or purpose one.

lastlegend50

Great Reporter

yes thats why i shifted to bedwars. Pika skywars is now sht

lastlegend50

Great Reporter
Hello,

Unfortunately Hacks and Exploits have been developed really fast and its not really easy to compete with upcoming hacks and their bypassing of the anti-cheat, Since by the time they did something against the current hacks something new would appear, And also developing the anti cheat is hard and takes time, Currently the anti-cheat can deal with most hacks, And I don’t Think they will announce anti cheat changes.

The best thing we can do is report the rule breakers and suggest changes (Anti-Cheat related suggestions will be denied).

Here are links for your references:

Player Report(s): https://pika-network.net/report/
Player Report Info: https://pika-network.net/report-info/
Suggestions (you can create them here): https://pika-network.net/suggestions/
Suggestion Info: https://pika-network.net/threads/read-before-posting.103683/
Thread Search Feature (to look/find the same/similar suggestion and upvoting them instead): https://pika-network.net/search/
bro are u speedrunning for staff? its time waste to report them as they keep bypassing the ip ban and bots are everywhere. You cannot realize the pain of non ranked players in pika skywars

OP
OP
Neqromancer

Neqromancer

Epic Pika
bro are u speedrunning for staff? its time waste to report them as they keep bypassing the ip ban and bots are everywhere. You cannot realize the pain of non ranked players in pika skywars
guy is blacklisted from being staff apparently

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
...Yet some do it better. Like Hypickle.
It's unfair comparing hypixel to pika network, the staffs and player amount is completely different, and hypixel is a company now (i think.)
but they're both minecraft servers and hypixel does an infintely better job (even if their anticheat is still somewhat bad) than pika IMO.
I want to say minemen is the best in regards to anticheat and pika should implement it, but the variety of players and their locations (aka ping) can give false positives for a big server like Pika. Any servers will have cheaters. But some servers do better jobs at hunting cheaters.

Hopefully this is good. but like, why doesnt he announce it?

"Making server good" is a terrible and unhelpful message. Give a solution or purpose one.
There is no server with the perfect AntiCheat, and the one from Hypixel is far off from perfect, the same problem as we are facing. PikaNetwork right now is the #1 cracked server out there so people spend their time on making constant configs and bypasses of the AntiCheat at a speed that we as a server can not keep up with, the same problem happens to Hypixel and many other servers.

This game is poorly created and gives client makers a considerable advantage as it's easier to make a hacked client than to make a plugin to prevent those hacks.
We recently updated the AntiCheat for BedWars & SkyWars and hope it will last for a while but it will never be perfect, that's not possible, not with our current AntiCheat, not with another public AntiCheat and not with a custom one.

SkullGloKeR

Pika Lover
There is no server with the perfect AntiCheat, and the one from Hypixel is far off from perfect, the same problem as we are facing. PikaNetwork right now is the #1 cracked server out there so people spend their time on making constant configs and bypasses of the AntiCheat at a speed that we as a server can not keep up with, the same problem happens to Hypixel and many other servers.

This game is poorly created and gives client makers a considerable advantage as it's easier to make a hacked client than to make a plugin to prevent those hacks.
We recently updated the AntiCheat for BedWars & SkyWars and hope it will last for a while but it will never be perfect, that's not possible, not with our current AntiCheat, not with another public AntiCheat and not with a custom one.
Btw the I know there is no AntiCheat which is perfect. But there is one solution to reduce the amount of hackers which is to increase amount of staff members online in the game . So we can report them as fast as possible and can tell them to spectate the game. As you know forum report system is kind of slow and hackers can easily use alts so there is no use and it also requires video evidence which is also so much time taking and also not possible for some people to record. So increase staff online ingame so that if we found hackers we can report them directly . Btw these hackers use such modification which can be easily idetified by spectating the game. Thank you..

OP
OP
Neqromancer

Neqromancer

Epic Pika

I hate quoting other servers because other servers have different backgrounds and situations, but Minemen's AGC is near perfect.
Pika has a variety of players from different regions and I do understand that, but there are examples of other server(s) with great anticheat.

And to add on to it, there's a big problem with a hacked client naming every player FDP at their start. Wouldn't a good temporary solution to this to just ban every player having FDP at that start of their usernames, even if it may cause slight inconvenice to less than 0.01% of the playerbase?

OP
OP
Neqromancer

Neqromancer

Epic Pika
I hate quoting other servers because other servers have different backgrounds and situations, but Minemen's AGC is near perfect.
Pika has a variety of players from different regions and I do understand that, but there are examples of other server(s) with great anticheat.

And to add on to it, there's a big problem with a hacked client naming every player FDP at their start. Wouldn't a good temporary solution to this to just ban every player having FDP at that start of their usernames, even if it may cause slight inconvenice to less than 0.01% of the playerbase?
Just superior, if you have something to say, go say it.

Kxneki

Banned
Just superior is bot who always throught pika is an op server he just need role in pika but in reality pika is 🗑 can't even manges bedwars and skyward every days there is bug or we can't join bedwars or skyward sometimes and also best thing is pika never kick hackers from server but kick guy who never use hack just bad can't handle one server properly and making everything p2w like if u don't have this rank then u don't use this cosmetics
make a server like hypixel then (with anticheat and setups then)