Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Random ping spikes for a few hours

8taps

Does pika change their server hosts at specific times every other day or something? cuz i live in India and average around 120-150 ping but at certian time of the day my ping just goes to 250-350 ping which is very annoying. I have a stable 200 mbps internet with LAN so dont criticize that please.

Attachments

• 1641910907581.png
    1641910907581.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 25

BruhJack

Does pika change their server hosts at specific times every other day or something? cuz i live in India and average around 120-150 ping but at certian time of the day my ping just goes to 250-350 ping which is very annoying. I have a stable 200 mbps internet with LAN so dont criticize that please.
Yes same happening to me btw i am Always mystery same thing is happening to me some times i gets very high ping only in pika other servers works perfect even i got 7ms in a indian server

ZekromXD

Legendary Pika
pika network is lagging at random times. When I log into the server I just get stuck somewhere and cant even choose a gamemode. Hope they fix it soon

OP
OP
8taps

8taps

Yes same happening to me btw i am Always mystery same thing is happening to me some times i gets very high ping only in pika other servers works perfect even i got 7ms in a indian server
It's still going for some reason.

Attachments

• 1642060364887.png
    1642060364887.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 12

Silver Wing

The Pika
um if u r indian, then ofc u will get low ping in Indian servers

I dont think pika changes host
It may be due to high number of players playing (I dont know, since I havent played in pika for almost an year)

divertente

Great Reporter
They won't change their hosts just cause some people have high ping, if they host on EU they may have many reasons behind it.

Last edited:

Seroupe

Pika Member
It happens to me also. Usualky I have like 200 ich ms. Yestrday, my ping spikes from 300 to 700 which is very incredible.

icyfireSC

Epic Pika
Idk I usually get constant 150ms but past 2 days my ping has just skyrocketed to 1k-5k, as to why this has happened I genuinely have no clue. Hopefully we get better ping soon

OP
OP
8taps

8taps

Ye its fixed now it was the 'Airtel' ISP in india Which was running rlly slowly since 1 week. Thank you everyone.

icyfireSC

Epic Pika
Ye its fixed now it was the 'Airtel' ISP in india Which was running rlly slowly since 1 week. Thank you everyone.
my ping's still high, I use bsnl
idk if its a problem with bsnl or the server host but ill try what i can on my end

ImAbhiXD

yee same. I thought I was the only one who was getting insane ping (around 400-1000). even on hypixel im getting better ping than here. I hope they fix this soon.

NOT_YAHYA

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Not only India, literally for 90% of asian players server starts lagging at random times . Like everyone is tping and u get 300 ping in tab. But players from eu dont lag. Soooo pika is just racist.

Anuly

Veteran
High ping issues faced by Indian players is likely due to ISP messing up routing to Europe, So unless they fix it I don't think the devs can do anything about it

Last edited:

Toxic_Gear

Legendary Pika
if your from Asia play on battleasya

BjornNabuursss

Pika Lover
Your location reveals alot about your ping. Depending where the server are located the better ping you get. The server is hosted in the EU that is why EU players get better ping. This has nothing to do with your ROUTER or WiFi!

NOT_YAHYA

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Your location reveals alot about your ping. Depending where the server are located the better ping you get. The server is hosted in the EU that is why EU players get better ping. This has nothing to do with your ROUTER or WiFi!
It was not about our routers. All asian players were facing connectivity issues and it was on pika's end. They fixed it recently. You can check #changelogs in discord server.

Toxic_Gear

Legendary Pika
It was not about our routers. All asian players were facing connectivity issues and it was on pika's end. They fixed it recently. You can check #changelogs in discord server.
well i am not facing any even tho i am an Asian player not in old times and certainly not now

Sadra3445

Banned
Agree for 1-2 weeks pika has very lag and high ping.... and staffs don't fix it sad....

MrStarfed

Rare Pika
Ya pika network is having some host problems that affects mostly indians