Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

NaziArmy

People that chose obviously facist names should not be warned but instantly IP banned.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
I know that politics is something that most of the people on a game server are not involved in, and that is probably a good thing. But that is one more reason to not accept Faction names and Nicknames like this. Maybe i'm just an old knacker, but I believe that you should not promote evil. And what the Nazi's did, what Hitler did, what Musolini did, what Franco did, what Stalin did, was evil. As a game community, I feel that we all have the obligation to stand up against that.

That is why i do not understand that people think of those names in the first place. But neither do I understand that nobody takes action against the faction with name NaziArmy.

They should be forced to /Tag at least, if not it should be forcefully disbanded.

Just my two cents.

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
I don't really care.
In a world where everyone promotes freedom of speech, we are constantly censored anyways.
I am not offended nor do I care what anyone thinks or says, but if the staff think that this is offensive I will accept that as their choice.

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Hello @Old Prophet !
I get your frustration, since I, myself really can't stand players that act like this. I would like it that the current rule changes so that things like this just don't happen again, we have to think about the kids that play this game. They can get used to things like this, cursing and stuff like that. It is downright terrible that people do this.
I agree with you on this but I do not want players to be IP-Banned right away, making names racist/ sexual names should be 1-week ban, so that the players that do this get alerted and will not do this again. Wich is why punishments are here.
Recommended Punishment Tree;
Making Inappropriate/Racist/Sexual /nicks: 1w Ban >> 2w Ban >> Permanent Ban

A reason to disagree with my opinion might be that a temp ban right away seems too harsh, well, in my opinion, the players must know the rules, if they don't then that is their problem. And no exceptions should be made.

+1 Edited Suggestion

Thank you for your suggestion :) !

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
I'm not proposing to ip ban people instantly, I just set up this pole to measure the sentiment among the players. I personally would opt for option 3 because i do believe that a lot of this misbehavior does not stem from evil but from ignorance and that education can be provided.

I DO believe though that a faction created with names like this should be instantly disbanded, player names should be forcefully changes as soon as detected etc. etc. With the necessary explanation of course, but nevertheless immediately after detection. For cases like this I would also propose the have a script running that would pop out all newly created names on a daily basis and sent them to a moderator's e-mail with the explicit task to do something about it. Same with all capital usernames, to prevent other players from getting caps use warning when using letter-tab function in chat :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.