Ultimate Legendary Pika
- Jun 27, 2017
Multiple suggestions to improve survival before the reset
After reading the reset announcement post I was disappointed with the amount of new additions to make survival better. I was waiting for a "help us with the next reset" thread but there wasn't so here are some suggestions. It might be too late but if you release survival with just those improvements it is still the same and it will get boring.
New shop/blackmarket - There should be a server shop where everyone can sell some blocks, mob drops, and farming/food items and you can buy those things but the stock is controlled by what players sell to it so at the start of the season all stock will be 0 and when players sell it will increase. Player shops will still have a use as they could sell cheaper/buy higher and actually have stock. This is a much easier and quicker way for people to earn money than the blackmarket that changes every day.
- Pets - Similar to skyblock pets they will give an XP boost when killing mobs.
Quests - Brand new custom quests actually relevant to survival. Daily/weekly/monthly quests.(New quest plugin implemented)
- Vote shop - Players who vote every day can use their votes to purchase more claimblocks/homes/temporary ranks. This will give players an option to get a guaranteed rank rather than being lucky in crates.
- Daily/playtime rewards - NPC in spawn where you can collect a small cash reward and get bigger if you keep a streak. Remove the current one with an advertisement gem.
- Player warps - You could give perms for warlock+ to make pwarps and include a voucher in the crates. This is a good example - https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/-player-warps--➢-let-your-players-set-warps-1-8-1-16-4.66692/
- Mob coins/mob heads - Similar to skyblock we should be able to earn mob coins from killing mobs which we can use to buy special items. Allow us to obtain heads for every mob.
- Player heads - When we kill players in PVP they should drop their head.
- Kill/death messages - These messages should appear in chat and there should be vouchers so we can change the type of messages and colors. Include an option to toggle it in /settings.
- Scrolls - scrolls for our tools - immortal/player kills counter/mob kills counter/blocks broken (immortal scroll can be placed on elytra).
Safari nets - Add safari nets so we can pick up certain mobs and transport them easily to our bases. These could be in the mob coin shop/vote shop or crates.(A way to transport mobs has been implemented)
- Gravestones - These were mentioned on the last reset but were never introduced. I would like them to be added.
- Sitting - Sit down on blocks or stairs with /sit.
- Blacksmith - Repair things at an NPC by paying a small fee using money or XP. This will be needed to repair elytra since phantoms will be disabled. This is a good example - https://songoda.com/marketplace/product/ultimaterepairing-repair-items-on-an-anvil-at-a-cost.20
- Player shops - Add the ability to create "barter" shops that allow you to trade an item for an item instead of using money. Remove the advertisement gems/star and just always advertise it whenever it has stock. Don’t advertise the shop if there are no prices setup.
- Wither/beacons - If the wither cannot be enabled then there needs to be a harder way to obtain a beacon like a custom crafting recipe.
- Crates - Increase the rarity of beacons. Remove the advertisement gems. Add scrolls and kill message vouchers. Add some netherite to crates.
- Leaderboards - Add top mob kills.
- Clans - Custom clan name color and use of special characters.
- Nether - Allow claiming inside the nether so we can create some awesome nether builds in the new biomes. Make blaze and magma spawners unbreakable so noobs won't break these very useful spawners that cannot be replaced. Enable the nether in the resource world so that one will be reset every 7 days.
- Spawner levels - Killing more mobs will level up the spawner and increase efficiency.
- Classes -
- Grinder class - Remove fire aspect to help kill endermen.
- Enchants class - Change to protection 5, efficiency 7, and unbreaking 5 because 35euros for normal enchants is definitely not worth it when villagers sell them so cheaply.
- Miner class - Add a silk touch version of the pickaxe and remove the armor because it is useless.
- Tools class - Add a hoe and give all tools efficiency 6.
- Blocks class - Already very good for builders but remove the stone, granite, diorite, andesite, and bookshelves. This will make it so the inventory is not overfilled. These blocks are also very easy to mine and the bookshelves are already in the donator kits.
- Kits - Remove advertisement star from all kits. Remove iron, gold, diamond, and emerald blocks from the ninja kit to make it consistent with the other kits. Remove beacons from all donator kits but add them to once kits.
- XP boosters - Boosters that will increase the amount of XP you earn when killing mobs.
- Custom world - For one of the servers, you should give it a custom world generation with custom terrain and trees, etc.
- Donators join early - Allow donators to join 48 hours before the server releases to test for any bugs that can be fixed before the official release.
- Fix all bugs - Can't climb up all the new stairs eg. Blackstone stairs and more...
- Forums - Remove all the old guides from the survival forum and make updated versions every reset.
Below are some plugins that would make survival more fun and interesting and may help with performance. Something similar could be created but I am just using these as examples.
- EpicHoppers - Wireless hoppers with auto crafting and filters. Fewer hoppers needed for storage systems/farms so it should help performance - https://songoda.com/marketplace/product/epichoppers-better-stronger-faster-hoppers.15
- EpicFarming - Simple automatic farms that plant and harvest automatically. No need for big redstone farms so better for performance - https://songoda.com/marketplace/product/epicfarming-ultimate-minecraft-farming.21
- EpicFurnaces - Remote furnaces and options to boost speed and gain extra items - https://songoda.com/marketplace/product/epicfurnaces-ultimate-minecraft-furnaces.22
Since you are using multiple servers I would suggest keeping one as it is now and then making the other one more OP. You could add spawners, spawn eggs, and maybe even a clan top competition to the OP version.
Survival needs more things added to make it more fun and let people enjoy the game longer without getting bored.