Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Forums Include more information when you deny people in applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaalt

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
Disaalt

Suggestion:
Include more information when you deny people in applications.

Detailed description:
Read the title. What do you mean by denied? What do you mean by no requirements met? WHICH requirement?

How are we going to improve ourselves if you guys don’t provide information on what we did wrong?

Reason(s):
I just don’t understand
Just include something like ‘you hacked before’ and it will all be fine...

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+0.5
but i will still upvote it
what i think is that they should give a reasons and place to improve, for example:
Sorry as your application is too short so i will denied your application. Please write longer and list more detail on you @@@part and @@@part.

some scenarios
If i am a admin or a manager, i see some troll application then i will just say denied. Why? you already know why, i dont think i need to explain.
if i see a short application then i may say the sentence 4 line above.
if i see a medium application, then i may say "oh this part is too short, this part is not detail enough, and this part's gramma has messed up" something like this
If i see a long application, bur just need like 1-2 marks then it may evaluate. Then i may say "For the whole application, you did a great job, but there are few place which may cause some mark deduction, for example you wrote too long here, and kinda lost the question, your application is very detailed, but i dont see much experience from you, or some great motivation from you. Keep it up, check your motivation, and make sure you are applying for something, not just for the rank."

As @Unawarely said, "if you wrote short, then the reply will be short, if you wrote long but get denied, they will give some more reasons to you".

What i think the most important is not the reasons, is the list of suggestion that the admin/ the manager gave you to improve. Improvement is VERY IMPORTANT.
So, except the reasons, some suggestion/ advice given after the denied reply will be great!

sry i shouldn't write that long, but ye, this is a important thing.
hope you can briefly watch all of it...

Last edited:

Unawarely

The Pika
I'm neutral, because personally whne I spend like 30 minutes on an application, the admin or manager responding has always given me a really good answer. I'll give some screenshots. https://prnt.sc/vguc9m - for that one, he gave me a really good answer. https://prnt.sc/vgucmn For this one, I wrote a good one and he gave me a good answeer that is easily fixed or fixable.

https://prnt.sc/vgud52 For this one, I wrote a crap application, lied about so much and it was just horrible. https://prnt.sc/vgudpf

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Just stop tryharding for a staff already. It is wasting so much time for admins to enter the troll application and read the first to answers and immediately answer "Denied" on it. Bad applications waste more times then these ones.
I'm not "tryharding for a staff", I'm just stating facts. Bad applications are okay if they're bad on accident because they show the player's will to apply for staff. If a player has actually put effort into the application and it's bad the admins should tell them why so they can improve. That's not time-wasting, it's the admins' job.
Troll applications aren't useful in any way and are just wasting time, that's why, in my opinion, they should be punishable.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
And how exactly are bad applications useful? The guy that applied and said "I'm a youtuber make me a staff" that is useful yes?
That means the person who applied wants to help the server by becoming a staff. Admins' job is to explain why their application is bad and how can they improve it. It's normal that there are bad applications and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Every server has them.
Troll applications are easily recognizable and easily deniable. However, they're just pure time-wasting. Even if it takes 2 minutes to deny one it's still useless, and we don't know how many of them there are. Making them punishable would make most of the players stop with such applications meaning the admins would be able to use that time on something more productive, like giving detailed answers to other applicants, as Disaalt suggested here.
I don't see how it harms the server that there would be no more troll applications. Even if they don't waste a lot of time they still waste some time, and that's just unnecessary in my opinion.
Its more sad to me that people that joined 2 months ago are trying to become staff.
Why would that be sad? If they want to help the server why wouldn't they apply? It's their choice. If they're not experienced enough the admins would let them know that so they can fix it when they re-apply.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
Making them punishable would make most of the players stop with such applications meaning the admins would be able to use that time on something more productive, like giving detailed answers to other applicants, as
im pretty sure troll applications take like... idk 10 secs to deny

and u gonna punish people for wasting staffs 10 seconds? lol the rules are already strict af

Unawarely

The Pika
That means the person who applied wants to help the server by becoming a staff. Admins' job is to explain why their application is bad and how can they improve it. It's normal that there are bad applications and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Every server has them.
Troll applications are easily recognizable and easily deniable. However, they're just pure time-wasting. Even if it takes 2 minutes to deny one it's still useless, and we don't know how many of them there are. Making them punishable would make most of the players stop with such applications meaning the admins would be able to use that time on something more productive, like giving detailed answers to other applicants, as Disaalt suggested here.
I don't see how it harms the server that there would be no more troll applications. Even if they don't waste a lot of time they still waste some time, and that's just unnecessary in my opinion.

Why would that be sad? If they want to help the server why wouldn't they apply? It's their choice. If they're not experienced enough the admins would let them know that so they can fix it when they re-apply.
I personally never got an explanation for why my staff app got denied after applying 5 times, but then I just learned on my own and made a good application ad got staff.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
I personally never got an explanation for why my staff app got denied after applying 5 times
I don't see why you're neutral on the thread then.
It would be a lot more inspiring for the players to know exactly what they're missing when they're applying. "No requirements met", as Disaalt said, isn't detailed at all. Stating which requirement is missing and how a player can fix it is the whole point of this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.