Update Factions remake?! Submit suggestions!

Search
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustDance

In my opinion op factions1 is dry and it needs some more fun exciting things.
1. Custom enchants .
This will make it so it will be more competitive.
2. Add bosses and the top 4 people who do the most damage get rewarded with crate keys.
3. Have events more often.
4. We need more staff to stop hackers and cheaters.

I have some top 3 sugestions i will reply when i have time :)

/fly for members in their own territory: This will decrease the Pay2Win and will also decrease the difficulty of members to make bases. This will increase competition therefore more players too

More faction power for players : By this i mean is that faction players will have about 25 faction power instead of 10 because alot of more bases will be built = more competition = more players

Allow any player to place gen buckets : This is probably my most reasonable suggestion in this thread because members just cant make bases. If you look at /f top in factions you can see that there are only about 4 factions or even less who actually have bases with IG's. Every other member just has a unclaimed base underground with only about 2 blazes. Only a few members have a lot of igs and that is because they took advantage of the hack recently that gave everyone 200million. Allowing every player to place gen buckets will increase the number of bases made in the server , increasing the opportunity of raiding and also increase competition which players would love.

In the end all of these ideas link up to each other and will increase the number of players playing factions and more donors will come back . also players will donate more to see how interesting factions has become.

*smaller map, something arround 10k x 10k -> current map is too big for playerbase factions have currenlty

*end which would be lower -> current end is 100 blocks high, I suggest making it atleast 50 blocks high so people can make decent base without need to blastmine or mine in general

*mercy period at beginning og map -> TnT should be disabled first 5 or 7 days so people can make stable bases, there were some cases where donators did raids first week on small bases with barely any protection but grinders made inside, players which got raided were done for that reset as they lost their source of money

*adding /shop -> if that gets added raiding and playing in general will be easier(example: you are in middle of raid and you miss 1 repeater, you have to /warp shop, find it in shop, and then teleport back, well with /shop player could just click on the menu which appears, he would find redstone and close the menu in barely 4 seconds)

*/F top rewards -> if players don't get anything why would they compete, reward could be anything from small powerboost to buycraft money

*factions certanly need more events -> raid or pvp events

And the main suggestion which is REMOVE MCMMO , ATLEAST 13 DONATORS THAT I KNOW ABOUT QUIT FACTIONS WHEN MCMMO WAS ADDED BACK.

FAMESCARE

Legendary Pika
Long story short make it like Cosmic Factions or it's previous resets.... :)

Vexy106

I would suggest adding custom messages to various commands.

I would also love a custom command with a GUI. For an example /exchange so that players can exchange In-Game money for a coupon on the webstore for that server.

First off, most of these kids making these suggestions don't know wtf they're talking about. They don't know what factions is all about and especially factions on Pika. Also, you don't really need any more suggestions from us but I'll give you a few at the end. The reason you don't need any suggestions from us is because I'm sure we all remember factions back in the day when it was thriving and there were constantly hundreds of people on it all the time. There were always big faction wars going on at warp pvp or in somebody's base and the community as well as the server was thriving. Now look at it.... dryer than a desert. Factions was the backbone of Pika and it's why Pika was doing so well and generating so many new players every day and a lot of money for the server too I'm sure. So really, all you have to do is look at what the cause of it going from 100 to 0 was. There were a quite a few but I'll outline most of them here or at least I'll try to. Firstly, there were way too many hackers on the server. I can't even count the amount of times people died to noobs in a leather set with an enchanted diamond sword that quick drop a full enchanted diamond guy in like 3 seconds. This continued to happen and nothing was put in place to prevent hackers, I personally was told about an Anti-Cheat plugin which was in progress and was going to be about soon and many many months later was still not made. Staff were also lazy at the time, not saying all staff but a lot of staff weren't great and not enough were on to deal with the issue of hackers. the argument of staff was that they couldn't be on factions 24/7 but you need to understand that this was all happening because hackers knew they weren't gonna get caught quickly enough and knew they could kill a couple guys before they got banned and sometimes they didn't even get banned for a couple of days. this was especially unfair on members since they already didn't have much to begin with and the hackers then just ruined the experience for them. So staff doing nothing led to an increase in the number of hackers. This was one of the main issues which led to the downfall of factions and probably also Pika as a whole. The solution would obviously be to get a good Anti-Cheat Plugin which automatically bans people if they have crazy hacks like if they're flying around, have crazy cps, are obviously using kill aura or just any obvious hack. This can ban people falsely sometimes but usually only if they're lagging which is what my next point is about. As for people using Ghost Clients, I'm sure staff can also catch a lot of the sketchy ones by screen sharing them if the staff are active enough and are keeping a good watch.

The next issue was the lag, I'm not sure how it is now but when Pika was thriving the lag was crazy sometimes. The amount of people that died because of lag spikes which just made the PvP terrible sometimes. This is a pretty simple issue in terms of the staff know what they need to do to fix it but it just depends on if the server is willing to invest or not for the community's sake. Like I said I'm not sure if the host now is much better or not but if Pika grows again to the same size as before then the host needs to be able to handle that volume of players.

The final issues that brought upon the downfall of factions was raiding and the economy/balance between donators and members. Raiding is one of the cores of factions and it was a whole lot of fun trying to raid a base of one of the biggest factions and the satisfaction after successfully raiding a base and gaining the crazy amount of loot from the raid was immeasurable. I don't quite remember now but raiding became difficult and not as fun, adding PVs was also stupid which made raiding not worth the effort or time. Raiding needs to be brought back to it's original form, massive sand cannons destroying through layers of any base. No base was safe and that's what made it fun. It required people to be active and continue building their base. It also gave members a chance at raiding the big donators of the server. Raiding is time consuming and it should be, it should take a long time to destroy through a base with many obby walls but it shouldn't be impossible. With the economy I'm sure alot of people have made many comments about it so I don't really have to say much. However, time is money and so when somebody pays for a rank they deserve those kits that they get as it saves them time to enchant. The only thing was the amount of gapples that donators got and it was crazy since that's much harder for members to attain than armor which really isn't all that hard but just time consuming once again which it should be. To balance it I think the timer on kits needs to be increased by a decent amount and the number of gapples from kits needs to decrease which will also make gapples worth alot more. The price of gapples from the shop should be increased so that big donator factions can't buy a bunch of them because of the amount of money they're making due to their ranks. Perhaps even make armor easier to enchant for members, maybe increase the chance of getting things like protection and unbreaking but not by too much because at the end of the day people that donated should still have more than members simply because they donated.

I personally feel like those are the main issues which need to be resolved in order for factions to regain the status that it had years ago. I'll make a list of the main points now and some extra suggestions just to sum everything up:

-A good Anti-Cheat Plugin
-Fix the Lag
-Fix raiding (Make TNT cheaper, increase the damage it does or make obsidian weaker)
-Increase the default power of each player to something like 15 but cap it at around 120 or so, so everybody has maximum land power of that equal to a faction with 8 members, obviously they can have more players in the faction but they just won't gain more land power
-Balance donator kits (Increase cooldown of Bedrock+ kits, decrease number of gapples so that donators can't sell a bunch of them and become 100x richer than any non-donator in the first day
-Increase the value of gapples so that it costs more for everybody to buy from the shop (This will only balance the economy if you decrease the number of gapples donators get otherwise it will make them richer instead)
-No PVs for donators or anybody (This ruins the reward from raiding which will turn people away from wanting to raid a donator faction since they'll have most of their goods in their PVs)
-NO MCMMO (This completely ruined factions and I don't think I have to point out why! MCMMO BELONGS IN OP FACS, KEEP IT THERE!)
-Drop parties should happen semi-frequently and some rank giveaways every now and then too (This is mainly for members so nothing too op)
-Host tournaments and a reward like a rank up for the winner
-Faction tournaments would be cool too (For this you could say that every faction needs a maximum and a minimum of like 4/5 participants and the winning faction gets something like +20 power but a tournament like this should be held like once a month which should make the reward something pretty OP but not too op, something that you can't get any other way. So getting +20 power won't make you unraidable but just a little bit harder to raid which seems fair enough to me for the winners of a monthly tournament from every other faction on the server (This could be like a replacement for Koth)
-Koth is stupid on factions since numbers are everything and so members or smaller factions never have a chance and it's just simply stupid, this belongs in hcf where factions have a cap on the max amount of players in the faction (This might work however but only if you add a cap to the number of players per faction and the amount of allies that each faction can have)
-Stats were kinda cool since they added a level of competitiveness to pvping but at the same time people won't be as reckless anymore with stats which will decrease the amount of pvp or big faction wars because people will want to have as few deaths as possible to keep their kdr high so I personally wouldn't have it
-There should also be some sort of system to see which faction is on top but it should take a lot of things into account such as kills, economy, number of faction members and maybe a few other things, this will also keep factions competing for the #1 spot (I don't however think that the top faction should get rewards because being the top means that they clearly already have enough to dominate the server so why give them a reward to increase that distance in power that they have over the other factions? Besides, having the position of #1 should be satisfying enough)
-Having killstreaks is also a good idea since it will be an incentive for people to PvP more and will make greater use of /warp pvp

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure other people made some great suggestions too so combined I'm sure we can revive factions and even all of Pika and bring it back to the old days or maybe even better. Please don't go over the top and add too many features, too many new things can never beat the original factions and this point is proven too since the more things you guys added to factions, the more players that left. Hopefully y'all can get this done and to a good standard, if it's anything like back when I used to play then I'll be sure to return to Minecraft just for this and I'll bring it upon myself to bring others back to it too. Like I said though, only if it becomes as good as the old days or better.

-Shery619

#MakeFactionsGreatAgain

Last edited:
just implement some huge objective, whenever someone get it, it starts a countdown to a new reset.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Machaku

Machaku

Veteran
Veteran
/fly for members in their own territory: This will decrease the Pay2Win and will also decrease the difficulty of members to make bases. This will increase competition therefore more players too

More faction power for players : By this i mean is that faction players will have about 25 faction power instead of 10 because alot of more bases will be built = more competition = more players

Allow any player to place gen buckets : This is probably my most reasonable suggestion in this thread because members just cant make bases. If you look at /f top in factions you can see that there are only about 4 factions or even less who actually have bases with IG's. Every other member just has a unclaimed base underground with only about 2 blazes. Only a few members have a lot of igs and that is because they took advantage of the hack recently that gave everyone 200million. Allowing every player to place gen buckets will increase the number of bases made in the server , increasing the opportunity of raiding and also increase competition which players would love.

In the end all of these ideas link up to each other and will increase the number of players playing factions and more donors will come back . also players will donate more to see how interesting factions has become.

*smaller map, something arround 10k x 10k -> current map is too big for playerbase factions have currenlty

*end which would be lower -> current end is 100 blocks high, I suggest making it atleast 50 blocks high so people can make decent base without need to blastmine or mine in general

*mercy period at beginning og map -> TnT should be disabled first 5 or 7 days so people can make stable bases, there were some cases where donators did raids first week on small bases with barely any protection but grinders made inside, players which got raided were done for that reset as they lost their source of money

*adding /shop -> if that gets added raiding and playing in general will be easier(example: you are in middle of raid and you miss 1 repeater, you have to /warp shop, find it in shop, and then teleport back, well with /shop player could just click on the menu which appears, he would find redstone and close the menu in barely 4 seconds)

*/F top rewards -> if players don't get anything why would they compete, reward could be anything from small powerboost to buycraft money

*factions certanly need more events -> raid or pvp events

And the main suggestion which is REMOVE MCMMO , ATLEAST 13 DONATORS THAT I KNOW ABOUT QUIT FACTIONS WHEN MCMMO WAS ADDED BACK.
We already plan on doing the majority of this

siwy2

lisen mans fully on it fam vote for man like mans doing bits in the end pluse ill get rid of them mandem hackers fam and like make warp pvp better like if man gets on to u shack them up with ur nack (dimond swoard) fix u the lag bring raiding back for all of those mandem add custom enchantmends mack shit balenced fam like its pay to fucking win fix that shit up too fam nd like man wants to have som fun fam like man man ching for days blood like if anyone got gassed to my facion ill be on to them like dont get big for ur boots my achivementsoin life i got kick out of school t the age of 5 for selling weed and man chinged a man when he pulled out wang like man was haveing none i broook his jaw i got dimond 5 on leage of leagends and amieing for masters and my dad is the creator of pixolmon and a stole iphone x and soled it for 10 bils and man got vex when man brought when less bill and my brother is the creator of mineplex and mans vote for man and ill give u weed for free lie 10g good sn in a bit

lisen mans fully on it fam vote for man like mans doing bits in the end pluse ill get rid of them mandem hackers fam and like make warp pvp better like if man gets on to u shack them up with ur nack (dimond swoard) fix u the lag bring raiding back for all of those mandem add custom enchantmends mack shit balenced fam like its pay to fucking win fix that shit up too fam nd like man wants to have som fun fam like man man ching for days blood like if anyone got gassed to my facion ill be on to them like dont get big for ur boots my achivementsoin life i got kick out of school t the age of 5 for selling weed and man chinged a man when he pulled out wang like man was haveing none i broook his jaw i got dimond 5 on leage of leagends and amieing for masters and my dad is the creator of pixolmon and a stole iphone x and soled it for 10 bils and man got vex when man brought when less bill and my brother is the creator of mineplex and mans vote for man and ill give u weed for free lie 10g good sn in a bit
bruv you british as fuzzle

I want the old faction days back :(

Pretty sure ive said most of this before but:
Hey for normal factions some sort of placable siege weapons would be cool, since it wasnt worth building cannons as they lagged too much to be worth using. Or allow tnt slime missliles to work as they wollballow raids too be possible on tribes that have 600+ power. Also some sort of tools for removing large amounts of land rather than us blast mining giant areas for our bases. Finally im not sure if this is already possible but craftable cobble gen buckets. The current method of genning walls adds alot of strain to peoples computers and the server whereas gen buckets dont. Also i highyly doubt you would do this but sand gen buckets. For making sand stack walls easier (if possible make them sellable at the shop for the price of 255 sand as thats the max amount of sand 1 could release.)

A big thing I can confirm we will be focusing on is to balance the economy and make it more fair for members, so that donators don't hog everything.
Then you need to focus on raiding. We will always find get rich schemes where we get the advantage. You need to make raiding us a reality

Pretty sure ive said most of this before but:
Hey for normal factions some sort of placable siege weapons would be cool, since it wasnt worth building cannons as they lagged too much to be worth using. Or allow tnt slime missliles to work as they wollballow raids too be possible on tribes that have 600+ power. Also some sort of tools for removing large amounts of land rather than us blast mining giant areas for our bases. Finally im not sure if this is already possible but craftable cobble gen buckets. The current method of genning walls adds alot of strain to peoples computers and the server whereas gen buckets dont. Also i highyly doubt you would do this but sand gen buckets. For making sand stack walls easier (if possible make them sellable at the shop for the price of 255 sand as thats the max amount of sand 1 could release.)
Placeable siege weapons? Once again, people are trying to fix things that were never broken. There was nothing wrong with normal cannons and there isn't. The problem was lag and things such as the massive claims that donators had. So really it comes down to making sure the host can handle everything and not making the donators too overpowered. Land claim just shouldn't be something you can buy or gain because once again it will still be pay to win. Maybe increase the default power of each person by a little and then cap it at a certain point so that factions with 10 members will still have the same power as factions with say 20+ members. This stops people from creating loads of alts as it won't give them any benefits and it stops those big donator facs to once again overpower the smaller ones. That being said, maybe raiding does still need some work but not to the actual cannons. Maybe increase the power of tnt by a little, make tnt cheaper or make obsidian a little weaker. Just something in between to balance it all. That's all we need. So everyone needs to quit coming up with these fantasy ideas when there isn't even a need for them in the first place. Like I said in my original post, Pika factions started going downhill much faster when they started adding in new things to it. All they had to do at the time was fix lag and get rid of hackers really but they didn't fix what needed to be fixed. Also, implementing something like some sort of placeable siege weapon is a whole lot of work and it's just going to be time wasted since like I said it's not something we need, half the fun is in building the cannon. And I'd rather not wait and see how long something like this takes them because 1 year later, I'm still waiting for this awesome Anti-Cheat Plugin we were promised, where tf is it at? Anyways, I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to get factions back to where it use to be.

#MakeFactionsGreatAgain

Last edited:
I've updated my original post, it's the list part with all my points if anybody wants to take a look now and let me know what you think. Thanks!

#MakeFactionsGreatAgain

okay so hear me out, I just got this idea now not sure what to make of it but what if we made it so that you couldn't buy spawners with money or find them in the world. What if we made it so that the only way to get them was to complete specific tasks or missions which would be on a board for everybody to see and they would be more time consuming for spawners that were worth more. This would balance the economy because no matter how many gapples or sets you start off with as a donator, you will still have to complete the tasks which should be as easy for members as they will be for donators. Make the tasks/missions one time so that nobody will get too many. You should have small daily missions which give some sort of rewards and then have big weekly faction ones which reward your faction spawners which should be given to the leader. You could also have big ones on days like Christmas, New Years, Easter, Halloween or just on any special occasion. I saw people talk about boss fight events or something and I wasn't too sure about that because of how exactly that would work and I think it would be pretty difficult and hard to keep it lag free. However, we could have monthly boss raids and the boss would be the Ender Dragon or Wither but it could be like a raid at the same time. So it should be a faction event so factions will pick 5 people maximum to enter, any less should be allowed but it will put them at a disadvantage. Anyways, the event will start at the same time for everybody and each faction will start in their own room and it should start with having a race to the main Boss room where all the factions will meet and the Ender Dragon or Wither will be waiting and when I say race I mean they would have to fight through a few rooms of zombies, skeletons, spiders, creepers and so on and they must kill everything in the room before the next room opens up for them. Then obviously they just start attacking the Boss and the faction that deals the most damage to the Boss wins the First place prize and there should also be a Second and Third place prize. Also, you should create a mission specially for this Boss Event where if any faction did over a certain amount of damage to the Boss then they complete the mission and it should give them spawners. The damage needed to complete the task should be fairly high so that even the top 3 should just barely get it and in some cases even the 1st place winners might not even complete that or may just about complete it. Not having too many spawners will keep the economy balanced however once a month or maybe once a week there should be an easier mission which lets almost everybody get at least 1 spawner. This was sort of a in the moment sort of idea so not too sure about all the details but what do you guys think? Obviously if this is to be implemented there will have to be a test run to get an idea of roughly how much damage one faction can do and in how much time and so the reward should reflect that. Also once seeing how many factions do above a certain amount of damage the damage needed to complete the mission can also be chosen. What do you all think? Good idea? or do you think it needs some work? Thanks!

#MakeFactionsGreatAgain

umar1717

Legendary Pika
NPC's at spawn which will display the #1 player on baltop , #1 f top etc. This feature can be elaborated on and evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.