Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Best way to make a hidden base!

Where is your faction?

• Over land

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Underground

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRetroBro

Hello everyone, Hope you're having a good day. Anyways I wanted the share on how to make a hidden base without getting raided over time. I been playing Factions for almost 5 years, One of my factions only lasted for 2 years before it got raided once in a Server with 300+ players. I love playing on the Pika Faction but I keep having stupid reset every 3-4 months or so. But here’s my tips for those who want to make a really good hidden base for yourself or a small group.

> First!

Most players will go far North, East, South and West to make a faction far from spawn. Try going into a different direction like (North West) (North East) (South West) (South East) You mostly see clear land after 1000-4000 blocks away from spawn (Depending on the amount of players)

> X-ray Mod Idiots.

Some player can sometimes use an X-ray Mod or texture pack to see what's underground. The best place to hide is underground is right under lave since most texture packs can’t see past lava. I would recommend having a base between Lava and Bedrock. cosy!

> Not too big.

To make sure you don’t get raided, Try not making your base too huge (Depending on how many people are in your faction) Raiders have a better chance destroying your base if it’s too big due to the limitation of your faction power or showing a huge chuck under f/ map.

> Don’t Leave a trail

Do not make any trails or anything that will leave a hint for raiders to investigate. Fill up any blocks that your destroyed, Mostly stone to Cobble stone.

> Risk of Power

Players can find faction by /f map and show a small map showing the closes factions. THIS IS A RISKY MOVE. So, To stay off the radar the only thing to do is not claim any land. I would strongly recommend having your rare items and backup in a ender chest @spawn.

If players have a Chest dictator mod then your screwed.

Andrew

Pika Member
on the otherhand.. claim say.. a 20x20 area, and have your base to be only a 1 chunk thingy deep underground.
it is claimed, but its hard to guess where to aim your cannons to actually hit the base it self.

and to be honest, if you are not living alone, then a press of key f3 will give coords too.
you will be betrayd, and robbed.

make your safe place at unclaimed area, under an ocean, not near bedrock but close to the ocean floor.
don't use chests, use hoppers or droppers or dispensers , as chest spotter hacks don't usually see those.
never share where this base at, never let anyone near it, never tell anyone you have it.

and you end up with the question, why not play survival instead.

BadrYT

Legendary Pika
I Really like What You Said But The Problem Is : NO ONE RAID LEGIT XRAYS/CHEST ESP!!

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Even better. Make a claimed base since you're not poor. Unclaimed bases are only good as vaults. Any type of grinder you have you'll want claimed and protected. In a claimed base you can make the chests unceggable, as well as keep spawners safe.

Opticlulz

Veteran
Pfft... Bases for nabs. If you need to keep something valuable, hold it in your inventory. If chuck norris can do it so can we

Andrew

Pika Member
i dunno.
surely there are a lot fo playstyles around, and every role is -or should be- in demand.
like the scout/gather type of person who prefers to roam the lands and find other bases, hunt down where spawners are and collect them,you know its just .. one way of doing things.
and there is naturally the pvp guy who actually goes to the pvp arena, and does not really get bothered ith other stuff.
and the raider, who builds cannons, and wrecks other bases, and comes back HOME with loot.
and then there is the builder kind of guy, who can make a place look good, and function well.
and there is the grinder/workshop guy, like me. who rarely goes outside of a faction base, and basicly smlets, enchants, and brews potions and stuff .
now the common point in those roles is a base. a secure , well protected place where supplys are gathered, wealth is stockpiled, and where pvp and other roles can get equipment from, and potions, and food, and stockpile the stuff they made.

so i thin a nice f home/base is basicly what makes factions factions, and not survival.
this is why i would like to influence factions server, as i don't really see enough difference between that, and survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.