Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Application of Anthropology to Minecraft Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapsh0t

This is a serious discussion; Please discuss in a well mannered way for the sake of accuracy and clarity.

So I been thinking of the word "community" and what it means for your average minecraft server.

From what I been thinking, I concluded that "community" is one of the driving forces in the health of a minecraft server. Further on, I believe that smaller servers are simply better than large server in terms of how management treats its players.

In a world where anonymity effectively breaks down any enforcement of social order, maintaining relative peace within a society can be extremely difficult...

It's funny. There it is, my final conclusion, standing straight and proud like a trophy. Yet, when I attempt to dig down to the rationale deeply buried within myself, I seem to be unable to reach it. From what I can gather so far, it has to do with: Society, Agreements in society for the betterment of the group, Christianity. (I'm adding this so I can refer myself to this later on)

I'm unable to fully grasp my thoughts at this moment, so maybe by tomorrow I will update this thread.

Anyway, what do you guys think of community? What is even a community? What is it's intended function? Do we even need community? Respond below!

Kynome

Banned
A community is a group of people that are united by the same interests.
It is hard to say if this server will ever have a healthy one since our interests are usually different.
You see, people join small communities because they find them interesting and they feel united by a common thing.
Ever since Pika-Network has been the top cracked Minecraft server (in a bunch of tops) it has attracted people that have nothing to do with eachother. They only looked for a populated server and they were not interested in the actual community.
Big communities are only good when they have really fixed rules and good administration and I'm really sorry to say this but in my opinion Pika Network has never had any of these. All I have seen are betrayals, mischief and failure.
Admins have been using censorship to defend eachother of criticism and most of them have really huge egos.
I think communities are always destined to bring us down using censorship and the denial of observations in the favor of the higher ranks.

Last edited:

Aurifex_

Pika Lover
A community is a group of people that are united by the same interests.
It is hard to say if this server will ever have a healthy one since our interests are usually different.
You see, people join small communities because they find them interesting and they feel united by a common thing.
Ever since Pika-Network has been the top cracked Minecraft server (in a bunch of tops) it has attracted people that have nothing to do with eachother. They only looked for a populated server and they were not interested in the actual community.
Big communities are only good when they have really fixed rules and good administration and I'm really sorry to say this but in my opinion Pika Network has never had any of these. All I have seen are betrayals, mischief and failure.
Admins have been using censorship to defend eachother of criticism and most of them have really huge egos.
I think communities are always destined to bring us down using censorship and the denial of observations in the favor of the higher ranks.
True on that.

With kind regards, Alex

skyarmyfan11

Ultimate Legendary Pika
A community is a group that has a common goal. For this server, the goal is too have fun. Also no matter how big or small any server is, it is still a community.

Aurifex_

Pika Lover
A community is a group that has a common goal. For this server, the goal is too have fun. Also no matter how big or small any server is, it is still a community.
He? Not everyone in the commubity has the same goal right?

With kind regards, Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.