Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Anyone know how to fix lag?

Dytel

Banned
Lowering your overall resolution and making changes in your game's settings can and will make your game run way more smoothly, though that was not the only advices I gave. You are not to judge whether my response was helpful or not, as I was not referring to you. Do mind your own business.
the game will run smoother not the connection bruh.. and im not gonna be "minding my own business" if youre just gonna give false information

OP
OP
I_Mohd

I_Mohd

Pika Member

Reducing lag in multiplayer​

You should first see if you are to blame by checking your internet connection. This can be done on a website like speedtest.net or fast.com. If the results are suboptimal (low download/upload speeds), do attempt to reboot your router and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn’t, get in touch with your internet provider to see if anything is bogging down your connection. Other than that, your device itself might be the problem. You can use websites like CanYouRunIt? to see whether or not your computer is capable of running the game.

To get the best possible connection, you can also try connecting your computer with an ethernet cable rather than over Wi-Fi. If those fixes are in place but you are still experiencing lag, do change your game's settings and make sure everything looks like what's listed below:
  • Graphics: Fast
  • Render Distance: 8 Chunks
  • Smooth Lighting: Off
  • Max Framerate: 30 to 60 FPS (depending on how poor the lag is)
  • 3D Anaglyph: Off
  • View Bobbing: Off
  • GUI Scale: Normal
  • Brightness: Bright
  • Clouds: Off
  • Particles: Minimal
  • Use V-Sync: Off

With all of these changes in place, you shouldn’t experience the same amount of lag, if any, in Minecraft.

Thank you for taking the time to type out this message but isn't this for FPS?