Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Anyone know how to fix lag?

I_Mohd

Pika Member
I have a lot of ping (only in Minecraft) and I was wondering how to fix it

acura

Great Reporter
You can try VPN as it's fully allowed, but no guarantee whether it'll lower your ping. My suggestion? Use cloudflare.

OP
OP
I_Mohd

I_Mohd

Pika Member
You can try VPN as it's fully allowed, but no guarantee whether it'll lower your ping. My suggestion? Use cloudflare.
How do I use cloudflare? Also doesn't VPN slow down Wi-Fi speed?

acura

Great Reporter
How do I use cloudflare? Also doesn't VPN slow down Wi-Fi speed?
Just search for cloudflare warp and it's pretty straightforward to use. VPN can both increase and decrease your ping depending on the VPN brand and the location you're using (proven from my own experience)

OP
OP
I_Mohd

I_Mohd

Pika Member
Just search for cloudflare warp and it's pretty straightforward to use. VPN can both increase and decrease your ping depending on the VPN brand and the location you're using (proven from my own experience)
Ah I use that. Its really slow for me 😥

acura

Great Reporter
Ah I use that. Its really slow for me 😥
There are more ways to get lower ping by using tps optimiser and what not. But I wouldn't be able to get you through it as I don't use it myself.

OP
OP
I_Mohd

I_Mohd

Pika Member
There are more ways to get lower ping by using tps optimiser and what not. But I wouldn't be able to get you through it as I don't use it myself.
Ok. Thanks for the help though :D

Dytel

Banned
vpn doesnt really lower ur ping.. lets say ur in the usa.. and pika is in eu.. u use a vpn to brazil.. instead of going directly to eu.. it goes to brazil then to eu which has more latency than going direct usa to eu.. a better suggestion in my opinion would be to get faster wifi(wont affect much but if u have like 30 or less mbps it can affect a bit.. or dont download stuff or smth while playing.. u can also get fibre or u can use ethernet.. end of the day it wont affect much unless ur wifi wasnt that great to begin with.. or u can move countries but i doubt u wanna do that for an mc server

INFAMOUSE

Great Reporter
Ok I'll see about that. Thank you for the help/advice.
just putting it there.... this only works if there are around 3-5 more devices using your wi-fi.... if not then i wouldnt suggest investing your money in a LAN cable

Sectre

I have a lot of ping (only in Minecraft) and I was wondering how to fix it

Reducing lag in multiplayer​

You should first see if you are to blame by checking your internet connection. This can be done on a website like speedtest.net or fast.com. If the results are suboptimal (low download/upload speeds), do attempt to reboot your router and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn’t, get in touch with your internet provider to see if anything is bogging down your connection. Other than that, your device itself might be the problem. You can use websites like CanYouRunIt? to see whether or not your computer is capable of running the game.

To get the best possible connection, you can also try connecting your computer with an ethernet cable rather than over Wi-Fi. If those fixes are in place but you are still experiencing lag, do change your game's settings and make sure everything looks like what's listed below:
  • Graphics: Fast
  • Render Distance: 8 Chunks
  • Smooth Lighting: Off
  • Max Framerate: 30 to 60 FPS (depending on how poor the lag is)
  • 3D Anaglyph: Off
  • View Bobbing: Off
  • GUI Scale: Normal
  • Brightness: Bright
  • Clouds: Off
  • Particles: Minimal
  • Use V-Sync: Off

With all of these changes in place, you shouldn’t experience the same amount of lag, if any, in Minecraft.

Dytel

Banned

Reducing lag in multiplayer​

You should first see if you are to blame by checking your internet connection. This can be done on a website like speedtest.net or fast.com. If the results are suboptimal (low download/upload speeds), do attempt to reboot your router and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn’t, get in touch with your internet provider to see if anything is bogging down your connection. Other than that, your device itself might be the problem. You can use websites like CanYouRunIt? to see whether or not your computer is capable of running the game.

To get the best possible connection, you can also try connecting your computer with an ethernet cable rather than over Wi-Fi. If those fixes are in place but you are still experiencing lag, do change your game's settings and make sure everything looks like what's listed below:
  • Graphics: Fast
  • Render Distance: 8 Chunks
  • Smooth Lighting: Off
  • Max Framerate: 30 to 60 FPS (depending on how poor the lag is)
  • 3D Anaglyph: Off
  • View Bobbing: Off
  • GUI Scale: Normal
  • Brightness: Bright
  • Clouds: Off
  • Particles: Minimal
  • Use V-Sync: Off

With all of these changes in place, you shouldn’t experience the same amount of lag, if any, in Minecraft.

ur talking bout fps lag.. hes talking bout connection lag bruh

Sectre

ur talking bout fps lag.. hes talking bout connection lag bruh
Never once did I mention "FPS" in my message, I'm talking about connectivity issues that have to do with their ping. Surely the websites I mentioned (speedtest & fast) do not analyze your FPS, so I can't see where you're coming from.

Dytel

Banned
Never once did I mention "FPS" in my message, I'm talking about connectivity issues that have to do with their ping. Surely the websites I mentioned (speedtest & fast) do not analyze your FPS, so I can't see where you're coming from.
u talked bout game settings.. lowering resolution.. putting max framerate to 30-60 fps and pretty much lowering the game settings so ur game runs with more fps lmao.. what are u smoking bro @Fqch brain too big

Sectre

u talked bout game settings.. lowering resolution.. putting max framerate to 30-60 fps and pretty much lowering the game settings so ur game runs with more fps lmao.. what are u smoking bro @Fqch brain too big
Lowering your overall resolution and making changes in your game's settings can and will make your game run way more smoothly, though that was not the only advices I gave. You are not to judge whether my response was helpful or not, as I was not referring to you. Do mind your own business.